PDA

View Full Version : Animation....

Ewilson
05-20-2004, 02:49 AM
I am wondering, what really excites me about max 6 is the animating capabilities, but do I have to know ANYTHING about modeling to be good at animation? Modeling is coming quite slow to me, and I want to do animation professionally.

cewolf
05-26-2004, 07:58 PM
hi there ...

i don't think that you have to be pro on modeling in order to be good with animation .....

you see some people are good at modeling and know lettel about animation . some othere prefare texturing ...

but as a new user for any 3d software , you start with process
model -> texture -> animation -> render ...

in big projects you find only teams working ... no solo jobs ...

there you find guys for modeling , main modeling , detail modeling
character modeling , land scape modeling , other for texturing , main texturing , sub texturing , other for animation , key animators , detailed animator , character animator ....
other for special effects ...
you see every one has something to do that the others don't

but if you are talkin about solo job you have to do every thing by your self ....

if you feel that modeling is not your thing .... then go ahead with other thingd that you may feel to be better ... but as a new user you should go through the entire process so you can know what you are good at and what you are not ....

but it is better in my opinon to learn as much as you can ...

cewolf

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.