PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the forum!

rsjrv99
05-19-2004, 09:34 PM
This is the first view and post here at the new forum :) Welcome!

osamu
05-19-2004, 10:55 PM
welcome to NURBS problems:wip:

Xtrude
05-19-2004, 11:28 PM
ROTFLMAO...

ExtremeBoost
05-20-2004, 01:56 AM
I guess we should be thankful... but c'mon a forum inside a forum:rolleyes:

Are you guys all rhino users? What line of work are you in?

osamu
05-20-2004, 05:39 AM
I model polymesh for most the time, but like nurbs sometimes for a change. still a noob on that:D

joker-like
05-20-2004, 05:48 AM
i always liked work with nurbs .i am 3dsmax user and i hope we will have good sharing on this subject:bounce: recently l learned english...i have many problem i think can be intrest of u and may be be ur problem...tnx all

Gremlin
05-20-2004, 03:31 PM
hmm, well I use maya, and I like NURBS for some things, but I quite honestly don't understand why NURBS chooses to act funny for no good reason...

so I'm sure I'll be using this board...
Cheers!
:beer:

Lyr
05-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Alright, hopefully we can use this forum to shed some light on the often mysterious and misunderstood, but truly beautiful and powerful NURBS. :beer:

failed_guyver
05-21-2004, 05:04 AM
I started to model in nurbs since alias power animator V5 trained under one of the ILM modeling supervisor and I still think power animator V5 was the best modeling packpage ever made. I miss the hey days of alias, softimage and SGI. Build it in Power Animator and animate it in Softimage, that was fun. I am glad people still using nurbs, 'cause nurbs is the true art to build model. Specially patch modeling which I love the most. It does include lots to perparation and calculation before you build it and patch it. The last time I ues polygon was 3D Studio Release 3 not MAX. That's long time ago. If you ask me, which way "poly or nurbs" is easier?? I will say poly, 'cause you don't have to calculate the number of isopams you use. Honestly, I am not amazed by poly model or sud-d. Most of the power house in the industry are still using nurbs. The last time or maybe the only time I did reply to the "Gallery/Finished Work: 3D" was somebody use patch modeling to build the "devilman". It's amazing! If you know how to patch........ You will know how amazing it was. I don't know why it didn't make it to the front page. IMHO, poly or sub-d is not more powerful but it's eaiser, faster! Dark side are they! Sorry, I am a big Starwars fan! Anyway, happy modeling. I do hope patch modeling won't be the lost art.

rsjrv99
05-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm here to learn how to use NURBS. I got the hang of polygons but have no idea how to edit NURBS :shrug:

Bob27
05-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi guys, I am a NURBS fan too! Nice to have a NURBS subforum!
That would be a good place to exchange ideas and deal with
NURBS problems we encounter.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.