PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 - Wip

Bug_Eyed_Earl
01-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Hi - This is the end of the layout stages of the panels for my M3. Still lots of detailing to be done, and a tweek here and there - but what do you think so far. I am still in the process of adding all the headlights/doorhandles/foglights/interior(hence the white windows:))/tire-tread/ etc. but would love to know what you think so far. And YES its another global illum scene ! What you gonna do about it :D :D hehehe.

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender03.jpg

:cool:

Ed Lee
01-30-2002, 12:59 PM
cool...... Ed--

fxgogo
01-30-2002, 04:01 PM
looks good, i agree with you about the details. The materials need some working, but that will come later.

Good luck and want to see an action scene.

dark_lotus
01-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Oh it would look sooooo much cooler if you popped some AA in there!!.

Nice model!!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
01-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the comment DarkLotus.

Now dont laugh - but the stippled effect on the paintwork is deliberate :) - The scale is just wrong - and needs some tweeking. But its supposed to be the metalic flecks you see in car bodypaint. But more modeling to do before texture tweeks, so it will come later :).

:D

JacquesD
01-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Good start.
I'd work on the roof edges(maybe a bit sharp), the wheels shading and tires look a bit dark regarding the lightings.

ToddD
01-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Nice model, I like the stylizing of the model! Don't forget the 2 little BMW grills. I am working on a car model with similar paint, I think your material is pretty good, just keep experimenting. I'm using Max for my model.Shellac Material- I put a cellular map in the specular slot of the 1st material, and a Highlight Only material in the second slot. I'll be posting soon. Keep updating, I'm curious to see the progress. =)

goodlag
01-30-2002, 10:58 PM
really nice model

cool material:p

xynaria
01-31-2002, 04:37 AM
Nice start.. but are those wheels really that size?????????? :)

AnimaLMotheR
01-31-2002, 05:56 AM
I dig it man. :)

Bug_Eyed_Earl
01-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks for your comments.

[Tbonz816] : I put a cellular map in the specular

Now why didnt I think of that - I put a fractal in the spec channel (using lightwave BTW) - so scaling it doesnt ever result in a small enough stipple (such is the nature of fractals I guess :D)

Thanks Tbonz :cool:

I still have tons in the way of details to add - will be up soon (hopefully tomorrow :p).

And No - the real m3 doesnt have wheels that big. :) Wouldnt THAT be cool. I build a spline cage of a real m3 - then played around until I was happy with the shape. I will avoid the obvious CAR-toon and CAR-acature references... ah, oops :D hehehe

xynaria
01-31-2002, 11:45 AM
DOH! sorry about that .. I think I been hanging around relatives to the Gallerie Abominate too long. :)

Ed Lee
01-31-2002, 11:47 AM
Eh...any progress? Ed--

Bug_Eyed_Earl
01-31-2002, 11:47 AM
hahaha - dont worry, xynaria - just go back and edit it - and we will forget it ever happened :D

Come on - there must be something you think should change though - make it up to me :( <here is where you feel guilty and make an extra effort :D )

I did another big (9hour) render - but its the same model - so its boring - and progress tonight (Ive set aside some time). (Dont forget Im in SA - so its work time now :D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-01-2002, 04:29 PM
Well, here is a little update. Did a bit of setup for the interior (but I HATE the seats - gonna redo them). Not too sure whats going on with the thingie under the headlights (some funny stuff), and the roof is STILL messed (it got too late last night ;)).

Oh, and this render took 6 minutes - and the first one took 7 hours :) hehehe.
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender07.jpg

:D Still lots to do :D

DaveWilson
02-01-2002, 07:20 PM
Nice stuff B.E.E,
Good to see you're keeping your 3D. Car looks cool.
Reflections on the right (my right) side panel of the
car look very cool.

Anyway, back to work.
Dave.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-01-2002, 07:23 PM
high praise indeed. I appreciate it, Dave. :) Got to stick together in the Mother land :D - you have the coolest avatar !

EighthDecay
02-01-2002, 09:52 PM
looks cool,, lets see some more angles,, has a cartoon look too it,, but the new render looks to be floating,,, its probably the lighting..

Raul-Reznek
02-01-2002, 10:16 PM
I'm not REALLY up with cars.I'm more like the character obsessed guy but u'r car is cool.

FrageNSTEIN
02-02-2002, 01:36 AM
Well, as for me, cars are my fave. I ahve only been learning 3d for one month, but i am already on my third car (Elise MK2 and Boxster finished, Jag FType in prog). You guys can see mine sometime if you want.

About you car, I love the M3, and if you don't like the interior, you could make really dark tinted windows, where you barely see the inside, so that it is visible but vague. Is that second pic just a bitmap reflection on the car?

Brazil? If so, how do you make your shadows soft, mine are always pixelly, regardless of the fact that everything else is smooth.

D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Yeah - the new lighting is just 10 shadow-mapped lights arrayed around - hence the floating look (not hugely accurate) - but when its 70 times faster - I think i can deal with it for the test ;).

Why, thanks (Raul-Reznek) - maybe I will put a nice character in the drivers seat for you - any requests - hehehe :).

Not using Brazil-using lightwave - and second render isnt even radiosity - standard ray-trace. And its not that I dont like the interior - I just dont like MY interior. Busy redoing it :).

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Some updates.
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender07a.jpg
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender07b.jpg

AnimaLMotheR
02-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Very nice job Earl. The back render reminds me of a small RC toy car. :)

munkeyshine
02-05-2002, 10:50 PM
hey chop. cool car!

and keep "sticking it to each other in the Mother land"!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-06-2002, 09:40 AM
Thanks, Chop

Things have been really sticking together in this office of late. Gotta go do some more sticking :D. Updates soon.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-07-2002, 10:35 AM
Been doing some detailing. Dont like the front grills yet, but it was getting a little late last night - so I left them as is.
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender09.jpg

stipen
02-07-2002, 02:38 PM
VERY COOL!!! proportions are very funny...the wheels and the front are just awesome...I love the part above the wheel too (i don't know the word in english) . GREAT job!

One crit tho':
You should add some kind of joint around the wind-shield and the windows....between the glass and the metal...

PS: a friend of mine crash his own M3 against a tree and the car look a bit like that now!!!! _lol !!

FrageNSTEIN
02-07-2002, 08:31 PM
You could probably even use scale on the whole body (scale down some vertically, and forward a little) and it would be similar to the M3's real proportions.

D

fxgogo
02-08-2002, 04:09 AM
Looking good so far! The detail is coming on nicely. Are you aiming to make this car look real, or is it meant to look more like a radio controlled car, as i'm not sure from the pictures where you are going with this? It might be the camera angle that is distorting it, can you put a side on picture up? Otherwise, Great Job!! I hope that it's all worth the effort. Ciao!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Well, what Im going for is something realistic looking, but with the proportions altered. I didnt consider that it might look like a radio-controlled car - but can see how that could be. I plan to finish the detailing - and then drive it through a pile of mud :D - want lots of much on the bumpers and skirts. Anyway - here is a bigger one with some bits fixed.

Just realised that I didn't turn all the right shadowing on for the lights. Oops. So if it looks flat - thats why :(
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender10a.jpg

and here are a couple of little avis I made ages ago. Should give a better idea of the shape
Jib-down (http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/Jib01_divx.avi)
Jib-Up (http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/Jib02_divx.avi)
both are Divx.
Sorry if its slow. Here in South Africa most of the lines are real slow or MEGA expensive (guess thats what you get when your tel-co company is a monopoly). If anyone has some space "lying around"... :D .....

SIR GARTH XVIII
02-15-2002, 07:02 PM
Nice-1 BOET:D

So when is the "kung-fu-chior-boy" gonna B animatin this little bugger?
Check out sum of the Atomic stuff!!Vewee cool!!

JacquesD
02-15-2002, 08:45 PM
Nice job but you should work a bit more on the fresnel effect.
I think cars painting have very specific kind of balance between diffuse and reflection.

Keep on.

hornet
02-15-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey

Looks reeeal nice - looking forward to see it in an animation, burning rubber on the boardwalk ;))

You said you build it around a spline-cage of a real M3... does that mean you have blueprints of an m3? I've been looking for blueprints of an m3 or m5 for ages - could you help me out?

Best regards
\\Mikkel Gjoel

chrislomaka
02-16-2002, 12:50 AM
looking much better. two things you might want to look at:
1- that front window seems really flat. could just be the lighting, tho (might want to place a light just for getting a nice reflection on it)
2-the windows don't seem to have much depth; or rather, the framework that holds the windows in place. it's typically 2-3 inches deep from the outside of the car (if not more), yet it looks paper thin.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-18-2002, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all your comments guys.

Most of the work has been on modelling so far - with a few minutes on the surfaces each time i render.

I spent a bunch of time detailing this w-end so results will be posted soon (fixed windows and stuff). Also some nice tail shots :D.

Here we go hornet.
Blueprint (http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgtalk/blueprints.zip)

SuperPuff
02-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Looking good dude :D

I love the fat tires - hee hee
I think maybe the front window corners are a bit sharp, but other than that coming along nicely!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks Super-puff

Where are you working? Nice to see more 3d-artists from good-old SA :D. We need to build a presence online - get the business coming here too.

fxgogo
02-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I think you will find there are loads of SA artists, they are just scattered around the world......unfortunately. But Braai vleis lives on....

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-18-2002, 03:08 PM
And Biltong, chutney and Aromat!

Just let me know when you are craving

;)

fxgogo
02-18-2002, 03:13 PM
Ha Ha, we actually founf a shop that has SA stuff here. so Nik Nak are in my cupboard.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Well, here are the latest updates. As you can see, I had a little more patience with the renders - some nice real GI (none of this faked nonsense:D).
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender12a.jpg

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender12b.jpg

And I know about the little line behind the rear wheel (on the rear bumper).

fxgogo
02-19-2002, 04:07 PM
looking very good dude. materials are looking much better.

EighthDecay
02-19-2002, 09:07 PM
thats looking quite good,, I like the smooth paint,, is this Brazil or fr or something else?

hornet
02-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Buck-Eyed Earl.

mmMmm "now in yellow (TM)" - nice pics! FinalRender right? Looks great!!

Uhm... couldn't get the bluerprint file btw. :((
got a 404 :/
(The requested URL /andrew/images/cgtalk/blueprints.zip was not found on this server.)

Did you remove it again, or?
(oh, and thanks btw! :) )

Regards,
\\hornet

iNFERNiS
02-19-2002, 10:00 PM
woooooow, my favourite all time car!

Allthough it's nicely modelled and all, it's not my kind of look.

Could u make a normal version to plz plz plz? :D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. What a diff a nice render makes, eh :)?
EighthDecay, hornet : Its actually an out of the box Lightwave render. Nice, no? Max and Maya have nothing on Lightwave when it comes to renders :).

iNFERNiS I'm afraid this has taken long enough - and I quite like the style :D. I started out doing a normal one, but got bored. This is way more fun.

hornet I'll look into the download problems. Mail me on owacle@hotmail.com and I will mail them to you...

updates tomorrow

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-20-2002, 11:55 PM
Okay, so its been a super-late evening at work. If I wasn't a programmer, not working with graphics in any way, that would be fine, but..... :).

Anyway, the updates might be a little later than I hoped.

Did you get those blueprints hornet?

anyone else who wants can feel free to mail me (address above)

bye :D

hornet
02-21-2002, 12:30 AM
Yup - I got the blueprints! Thanks a lot, looking forward to doing a model from them... lifelike and all :)

In regard to work, I don't really have any I'm proud of, just a lot af half-finished models, and non-updated homepages. :/

Regards,
\\hornet

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Yes yes :). Well, I kinda got to it last night. Built the final version of the rim (now with extra nurbs), and am in the process of rendering. I think I might come put it up tonight (if it doesnt look crap) :D.
Hornet - thats the best way to learn. Just make sure you take something right to the end once in a while. You will be surprised how much you learn when you force yourself to do the boring stuff aswell as the fun stuff.

GARTH! - Comments man !? And get Ali to look and make a post too - would LOVE to hear what you guys have to say.

SIR GARTH XVIII
02-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Nice-1 BOET!Impressive.Only thing I noticed "different",was that yo bonnet is a different shade of yellow(is that `cause of lightin?)

Als is takin a break.I`ll make sure he checks it out when he gets in.

LATER;)

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Garth : That colour difference is indeed a lighting issue I need to attend to. Unfortunately the angle between the bonnet and the side panel makes it very obvious. Maybe that why BMW decided to make it flatter and rounder? ;)

Anyway - shot for the comments

ToddD
02-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey Earl, I've been following this project since the beginning, it has really come along nicely! I like the yellow, why did you change the color? You should still try yo learn how to make a speckled paint material like your original blue, don't give up! Nice work!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-24-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks Tbonz816. I actually changed to yellow as an experiment, to see what it would show of my model. I am still very much in the modeling phase, so I tend to just import my newest model into the same scene and rerender, without much fiddling of the surfaces or anything. (Its one of the reasons for the global render - quick to set up and looks great.)

I will be making the stippled paint once all the modeling is sorted.

Thanks again :D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Well, finally some more updates. Its at that "okay, so what have you changed exactly" point.

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender13a1.jpg

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender13a2.jpg

I would love to hear from one of the mods.

fxgogo
02-25-2002, 01:27 PM
looking good dude, the finishings are coming on. and the materials. I think the windows need some more work with both of above. Just to keep you on your feet :D Well done

SIR GARTH XVIII
02-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Yo boet!Just had a look at it again.....something bout those rims.I think it`s lacking some volume(os something).Other than that I think U can give yourself a SLAP on the back!

WELL DONE:D

Gilgamesh
02-25-2002, 04:11 PM
.....something bout those rims.I think it`s lacking some volume

Lacking some volume? Those are the biggest wheels I've ever seen on a car! :D
hee hee. Just having some fun. I really like it, Earl. It is very fresh. Good job.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Ok - focus on nothing but the rims. The reflection is burned out - and the roof lining is poking through the side of the car (advanced aerodynamics system - ALRIGHT!! :D). I stuck this on last night and went to bed - so I didnt tweek anything. Just want thoughts on the rims. The rims. The rims.

k ?:)

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender14a.jpg

kyphur
02-26-2002, 11:07 AM
I have to say that I like the way you've stylized the BMW. That's really sweet. :D

Your renders are pretty nice also, I like the quality of your work.

Kyph

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Wow - quick response. :D
Thanks kyphur. I try :D.

Back to work....:( (please note: were the work 3d - I would have not had a little frown, but rather a big grin. thank-you)

ToddD
02-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Earl the only thing I see that needs a little work is the taillights, bring them up to par with the headlights, again excellent job!:D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Fixed the silly roof - and some of the surfaces...
http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender14b1.jpg

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/images/cgTalk/TestRender14b2.jpg

Tbonz816: I have kinda been avoiding the tail-lights :D. The headlights are cool because of geometry, but the tail-lights are gonna need some patient texturing. Phase 2 ;).

Terminal24
02-27-2002, 03:42 PM
I have to say, I wasn't a fan of this model until you got around to doing those final renders. I'm so sure about the distortion even now, its not ... cute enough. Oh well, thats my view.

(heh, I used to make banners for this freaking car)
http://www.dadako.com/science/banners/bmwm3.gif

(not such good quality as the main banner was flash based.)

fxgogo
02-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Looking really good now dude. Sure the tail lights will need some work, but you have done well. Can put up the same pics but with no GI, helps to see problem areas. Can you describe some of your modeling methods?

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-27-2002, 04:46 PM
Well - it all started with splines. I put the blueprints in the background and traced the edges of the main panels.
Next I distorted the spline frame until it looked how I wanted (or more or less).

Next I patched the splines to make rough panels (only about 5x5 poly each). This did require some tweeking and twisting to make stuff fit, but I stuck to the original splines.

I added details (like the grooves in the bumpers, and the vents and the bonnet ridges) always checking that the subdivided version still looked cool.

Then (and this is still going on) I began the tweeking. Making the edges sharper, and refining the shapes and adding the grills and holes for the exhausts and all that stuff. Its a ton of work doing the little things, like the window rubbers.

I think I will do something more descriptive with pictures and things if there is a demand, but this should give a basic idea. Sometimes I am REALLY not clear, so just let me know if there is something weird sounding :D.

Terminal24: I know what you mean. It kinda gathered "realistic" momentum. I think a bit of a step back is in order. But its choir tonight - so that will have to wait :D

BASSit
02-27-2002, 05:33 PM
That wagon becomes better and better . . .
If you get the finer details and texturing ready i want a huge render of it to print a poster for my garage :D

You´ve a really amazing and unique version of a BMW !

Keep it up !!

PS: Oh, and a step-by-step walk-through would be a great thing, once you´ve finished it - i am looking forward to it !

s1762
02-27-2002, 05:45 PM
hey man.
u have got a nice roof there. very nice on the overall
but i juz read sumwhere yellow is a irritatin colour? no?

i'm kinda attempting something similar, but its a honda.
n i'm have a tougher time at the roof.. but i'm still in the "roughin shape out" stage, so it will be great if tt tutorial of yrs come soon.

many a thx.
james

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-27-2002, 05:53 PM
s1762:Also lightwave user? I dont think my methods will work in quite the same way in Max. Probably will, but may not.

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 06:43 PM
how much do you still have to do to your car, its good but seems to me lagging on for ever so long now. what is your next master peice gonna be.

oh, yeah, maybe you need some time, the roof is still wrong by the corners of the windows on the windscreen and back window!

anyway, you really have done a good job, i love the yellow colour

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Hopefully not too much longer. I only get about 5 hours a week to work on it.

I plan to do some little anims with this little chorrie, and then will move onto something I've had on the back-burner for some time. My good old lava-lamp. :D

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 07:16 PM
i did a lava lamp myself once, but it was before i knew about collision - whoops, what a mess.

awaiting the animations with much eagerness

RoryWoodford
02-27-2002, 07:19 PM
WOW!

Thats really cool, a cartoon proportional Beemer... very original. I like the materials you've got on the head lights and mags.

vfxmatt
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
youve come along way and its paying off, its looking really really cool i like the feel of your renders especialy the lighting.itll be interesting to see the final one im looking forward to it , cool one.

MayaA-W
02-27-2002, 09:34 PM
I know that I only come here every once in a while and I cannot really crit anyones work.. But I have been drueling over the M3 since it was announced and I have to say that the representation that you have created of the M3 fits it quite well..

I dont know if anyone else said anything about it but I have to say that the car looks fat.. For me it looks like you took the X5 and squished it in a little bit and threw a hatchback on it. The modeling on it is great though.

Lighting: Great

Texturing: Great

A+ work and I cannot wait to see your finished product

DaveWilson
02-28-2002, 01:56 AM
Very Cool Dude !!
Excellent Job Andrew, very cool indeed. Dig the headlights,
but agree you should make the back ones as good as
the front, shading and texturing awesome, got a bloom/glow
on it there ? Looks good. Also maybe try using Fresnel for
the window glass works well and adds some nice realism
when used well, you can also use it for the metalic surface of
the car but is tricky. Anyway, as I said VERY cool indeed.

Animations ?! Huh ?! Looking forward to that. Oh read
some of the stories on the site, Funny Sh!t
Cheers, Dave.

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Man! That what I call a nice paece of machienery!

*Little* request: Can u please post an step-by-step tutorial ablout this?

And eum... ah yes, what program did u use and wich renderer (nice glows!)

s1762
02-28-2002, 12:41 PM
hey! how did u know i'm using max? did my profile say so? 0_O
i'm using patches.. do u have that in lw?
after studyin yr car... i managed to conjure up a few method..

ah well, doesnt make sense to blabber bout untried method.. i will test it out first...
thx a bunch anyway.

Bug_Eyed_Earl
02-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Wow - Popular demand :D - How can I resist. I will do my best to get it done this weekend. Big cycle race coming up though - so no promises.

Dave: Thanks, Dude. Once again, high praise :). I have got a bloom, but a PS one :D - "dont worry, we'll just fix it in post :p". I do have fresnil on the windows, but I think they need a tweek to make it more obvious. Also it has an imageworld which it overexposing the reflections and nullifys the effect to a certain degree. On my lowly duron800 I need to wait 6 hours for this puppy so tweeks have long turnaround time :). (YES YES. low quality test-renders are quicker..... hehehe).

Anyone else interested in the stories (funny stuff) go to

http://www.flat502.com/andrew/

also a couple of extra little pics.

RoryWoodford: Thanks - I think they came out the best so far.

suethsayer : I really enjoy lighting, when I get time. I seem to get lucky quite often :D.

MayaA-W: Actually - I took the M3 and squashed it a LOT. Thanks for the input :)

CHRiTTeR: Thanks :) It more like a shell really. No engine at this stage :). I am using Lightwave - model+render.

s1762: Most guys seem to be using max - I had a good chance of being right :). Lightwave patches work slightly differently - but yeah - they are in.

Thanks again guys.

s1762
02-28-2002, 04:08 PM
no constructive comment to give... juz wanna say hi n add another Q.
did ya go right in n put a thin strip of black rubber around the windows?

regards

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 05:05 PM
YES!!! He's going to try to make the tutorial !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot man!

Bug_Eyed_Earl
03-01-2002, 02:16 PM
s1761: Yes, I went right up close, and extruded the frame out. Took quite a bit of tweeking (because of the window curvature), and I still think its a bit deep.

I have more time on my hands at the moment (dont ask why :(), so there will be quite a few updates in the next little while.

Please add to this list of things that you think still need doing:
Side Grills,
Rear Badge,
Rear M3 symbol,
Side ridge,
Rear Lights,
Tire tread...?

JacquesD
03-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Nice work.

You said:
On my lowly duron800 I need to wait 6 hours for this puppy so tweeks have long turnaround time.

I'm wondering what kind of setting you're using cause that shouldn't be that long, I'm almost sure of it.

Could you tell me more about your settings?

Keep on.

FrageNSTEIN
03-01-2002, 04:22 PM
/Me sits in puddle of drool

D

Bug_Eyed_Earl
03-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Ripper, but I did a bit of tweeking and brought the time down to 38 minutes. I was being silly :D. It had to do with my fresnel settings on the car body.

Sorry about the tutorial delay. Will be along shortly. Should I start another thread for it?

BASSit
03-06-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Bug_Eyed_Earl
...Sorry about the tutorial delay. Will be along shortly. Should I start another thread for it?

I think it´s better to start a new thread, because some newbies (like me) will have some questions and this thread already has 6 or 7 pages ;)

I am also playing around with that f***ing fresnel-settings ("Trabant 601 X") and can´t make it look like a car-body :(

So you better hurry up with that TUTORIAL - just for your own good ;) hope it will be up soon - sooner than soon - immediatly !!!

GREAT WORK

jabusby
03-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Excellent render..

The lighting and modeling is brilliant as are the reflective surfaces, perhaps you should put it in a scene, something similar in style, a cute little street..

Anyway excellent work I love it

Jamie

1madlunatik
03-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey man, I like it!
Nice shader and design dude!

Too bad I wont be able to fit in that thing :D
Looks like a toy M3 car to tell ya the truth.....

SIR GARTH XVIII
03-07-2002, 05:42 PM
YO YO BOET!:D

YOUR BMW SUCKS!:mad: U SHOULD`NT EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING THE CYCLE TOUR THIS WEEK-END!.......THAT`S ONLY `CAUSE U IN GREAT DEMAND:D :D !YOUR FANS WANT 2 C THIS MASTERPIECE FINALLY COMPLETE(no pressure).
I`M LOOKIN 4WARD 2 SEEING IT COMPLETED ASWELL.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOET!

LATER

Daxx
03-07-2002, 08:07 PM
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.