PDA

View Full Version : axe

newbis
05-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Hello
I am a new Modelar. Not so new, but I have been only modeling for a year. Here is an cool axe I have done. I mean the design is cool. It belongs to "fly.cc.fer.hr/~dran/ draw.html". I have decided to make it 3d cause I liked the design. I am still working on it.

Newbis

newbis
05-19-2004, 02:10 PM
So
Guys, please give me your critics. And some advise about the Texturing will be great. I use 3ds Max 6. Here is upgraded version of the axe.

newbis
05-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Hello guys
Here is the first attempt of texturing the Model. I have textured the eye area only now. Other part have assigned material but arn't properly textured yet.

newbis
05-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Ok
Here is the last poor attempt of Texturing the axe. I have applied procedural texturing to it.
Thanx

Tahl'eN
05-22-2004, 10:55 PM
I would imagine you'll get more feedback if you move this to a wip section (not as many visitors here ). Looks nice. Very blocky, vibrant colors. Right now it looks very cartoony, though (don't know if that was your intent.) If it was, great. If it wasn't, never fear, there are things you can do to fix it.
#1 is dirt, dirt, dirt. It's amazing what a little abuse can do for the realness of an object. After that, tone down the saturation of the colors a little, especially the orange. It's pretty, but a little brighter than is normal to see in the world. Finally, the metal around the axe blade and the fingers are a little too rounded. The fingers are getting a bit of the sausage links effect, and the metal is a little too meshsmoothy as it rolls toward the camera.

newbis
05-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanx for your Reply. U r right, I should have posted it on the WIP section.Anyway, I am not goot at texturing, I tried to make it like the original design. And messed things up.

Tahl'eN
05-24-2004, 10:49 PM
No worries. Texturing, like everything else, takes lots and lots of practice. And research. There's a lot of good advice about it floating around these forums though. Just keep working at it, you'll get better. (-:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.