PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Kamil Rutkiewicz

sketchfiend
05-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Kamil Rutkiewicz has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

sketchfiend
05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Wips will be up soon... just wanted to wish everyone who has entered so far the very best and keep the great working coming. Talk to you soon.. ^_o

vincentvv
05-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Cmon lets rock and role:)
Get some pic`s into ya thead

Luter
05-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Is'nt your avatar a detail of some magnacarta's illustrations ? (Just curiosity..;) )

vincentvv
05-19-2004, 05:08 PM
...and btw...hey there Goli-friend:)

sketchfiend
05-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by goli
Is'nt your avatar a detail of some magnacarta's illustrations ? (Just curiosity..;) )

Yeah it is, i love the style of those characer illustrations, i really should use something of my own, its only temporary, ill see if i can find something of my own work tonight.

As for concepts, i should have something up 2night ive been concepting for the last 2 days and i feel like i havent gotten anywhere, but ill post up my roughs tonight. Crit me to death im going to need it. :shrug:

:thumbsup: Have a good day guys, ill catch you soon.:wavey:

Craymels
05-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi there i am new too,kinda weak in machines and more engage in organic life form itself. Nice to see u here,i sure ur sketches gonna be nice too.Hey how do i put an avatar up?

My first time been here,i come from singapore and been practicing manga. But i am trying out to draw more westernised stuff.
Hehe juz wanna know more abt u ^ ^

sketchfiend
05-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Craymels
Hi there i am new too,kinda weak in machines and more engage in organic life form itself. Nice to see u here,i sure ur sketches gonna be nice too.Hey how do i put an avatar up?

My first time been here,i come from singapore and been practicing manga. But i am trying out to draw more westernised stuff.
Hehe juz wanna know more abt u ^ ^

Just follow this thread and the instructions within and you should be able to set yourself up with one.

How to change your avatar... (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40111)

As for the stuff im into, im kind of the opposite of where youre heading. I grew up with a lot of western influenced ideas on design and illustration, animation etc. but what i absolutley love atm is the eastern style of art and animation, design and so on.

I figure im kinda trying to capture the best of both worlds and i hope that is what will be reflected in my work. Personally and professionally.

More than anything i just want to get better at what i love to do, just like everyone else here i guess. Right?:thumbsup: :beer:

Im going to post up a quick sketch i did at work during my lunch break in a sec, its nothing special but at least its something.:D

Craymels
05-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey thnks alot u are so kool man ^ ^.I am currently studying animation too .i want to be influenced in all areas though not only manga.I study chinese painting and stuff too so currently practicing traditional mediums such as acrylic paints and water color ^ ^ to enhanced my skills.i would be glad to open my hands to all kinds of arts

sketchfiend
05-20-2004, 08:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085038903_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085038903_large.jpg)

Basically just a concept for a characters leg, im trying to explore the mechanics behind the way a modified body part will function. Just playing with ideas atm. Im not set in my path yet.

Im also not necessarily concerned whether the mechanics look correct atm, im gonna tweak stuff as i go along.

29days 16hours 28minutes and 41 seconds left. ahhhh! hehehe.

Craymels
05-20-2004, 06:53 PM
It looks good eh.Its like so movable. Not much of a problem maybe add alittle more wires. So are u creating a cyborg

sketchfiend
05-21-2004, 12:46 AM
It looks good eh.Its like so movable. Not much of a problem maybe add alittle more wires. So are u creating a cyborg

Im not really sure yet what im going to do, im not really liking the whole cyborg angle. That would sort of be re-creating the whole terminator thing and thats basically a no, no for me, i want to steer away from that to some degree.

Ill post up all to work ive done to date, and perhaps from those i can get some suggestions on which direction i should take.:shrug: :D

hopefully i can get more feedback once ive got something more substantial up and running.:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
05-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Ok, i think i finally have a direction to focus on. I have a couple of scenarios. ill finally be able to start knocking out compositions characters etc. ASAP

The idea is that Gremlins exist and that they basically love technology and will do anything to get their hands on it and this could be for good or evil

The bad and evil premise of the idea is that there are a whole bunch of these little guys swinging off of some creature/human that has mechanised parts and theyre basically trying to capture it and pull it apart for their spare parts.

Or alternatively these fellas could be good guys working on repairing some other bigger creature/human. Im still trying to decide.

In the picture that ive drawn (but cant upload due to errors) hes holding a kind of cattle prod with viles of fluid to poison/stunn etc. their prey and hes got all these little upgrades all over his body that allows him to jump higher, move faster, and attack stronger. These guys are supposed to be tiny so any advantage they have over their prey is a bonus. I plan to draw in all different types of these Gremlins/I.M.P.S. climbing and attacking the creature all with different abilities.

But you get the picture i hope. Now that ive finally got a plan, i will post up some more stuff, more frequently. O_^
Hopefully the Uploads section is fixed soon.:D

Craymels
05-21-2004, 07:14 AM
hey tt concept is good there ,got sum suggestions though
maybe u could design tt creature of urs to be heavy so that he cannot chase up the goblins. Tt creature i would suggest a golem like creature would be nice. Wanna ask a qns, Is this like a scenario or a scene where the goblins rob the arm and legs?

sketchfiend
05-21-2004, 07:38 AM
The creature i would suggest a golem like creature would be nice. Wanna ask a qns, Is this like a scenario or a scene where the goblins rob the arm and legs?

Yeah thats right, the Gremlins would attack and rob the larger creature for its parts.

The Golem sounds good, that would keep the goblins in their fantasy, fairy tale surroundings but i was thinking to place them more in the real world. but i havent made any decisions yet, i want to get my characters down before i move on and work out compositions for what the scene will look like.

The creature they are attacking would be large and hulk-like like the Gollum, at one point i was thinking that they would be attacking a futuristic food vendor, just a hectic scene, food flying everywhere and bits of metal and other parts being pulled off to get to the internal components, something like that.

Anyway, thats basically where im at. Youll get a better idea as i post pics up.

Thanks for the suggestion bud, i hope your entry is going well:D

sketchfiend
05-21-2004, 07:56 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085122591_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085122591_large.jpg)

The idea is that Gremlins exist and that they basically love technology and will do anything to get their hands on it and this could be for good or evil

The bad and evil premise of the idea is that there are a whole bunch of these little guys swinging off of some creature/human that has mechanised parts and theyre basically trying to capture it and pull it apart for their spare parts.

Or alternatively these fellas could be good guys working on repairing some other bigger creature/human.

Im not really happy with the way its looking atm so im going to concentrate on exploring more ideas for the little guys.

28days 17hours 8minutes 57seconds.

Craymels
05-21-2004, 05:26 PM
hehe np man.For the goblins maybe give thema thicker upper jaws with teeths out,they must look very mischevious naughty and evil.Huge creatures would be good but show alittle fleshy parts . so that when the goblin tear off the part from it u can see the flesh and the creature in pain,it suits the theme maybe tear half way like wires still connecting to the part or veins also can
. U could design weapons for gobs like mechanic spanner it would be great when they hunt in pack .Love scenes action too. Juz part of sum suggestions hehe ,way to go buddy,mine is still quite raw i still working on it when i am roughly done then i will let u see my wip ^ ^.i quite worry as i really not good in mecha parts T_T

sketchfiend
05-23-2004, 05:31 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085286718_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085286718_large.jpg)

This is just a quick experimentation in colouring the Goblin character. This is basically the kind of look im going for this tribe of Goblins.

Their characteristics will not all be the same, this particular one is the head chief of the mob. Older looking, with his war paint on.

Weapons and full body sketches up soon.

As for the machine flesh they are attacking, i was thinking a building site. Plenty of potential for different types of workers/mechs getting attacked. But its kind of a neat contrast as the larger bots are building stuff the Gremlins are tearing them apart.^_O

26Days 19Hours 39Minutes 40Seconds.

sketchfiend
05-23-2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085321683_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085321683_large.jpg)

Just another concept for a member of the goblins, Im thinking of giving him multiple arms, 2 natural and 2 mechanical (White). No details in yet, just want to keep him rough till i figure out what i want him doing in the final composition.

The idea for now is that hes on the back of the machine hes pulling apart and ripping out wires and cables to get to the inside.

he definately needs some sort of tools, perhaps instead of the plain mechanical arms those arms could be tools of some sort.

26Days 9hours 53minutes 8seconds

sketchfiend
05-23-2004, 03:33 PM
hehe np man.For the goblins maybe give thema thicker upper jaws with teeths out,they must look very mischevious naughty and evil.Huge creatures would be good but show alittle fleshy parts . so that when the goblin tear off the part from it u can see the flesh and the creature in pain,it suits the theme maybe tear half way like wires still connecting to the part or veins also can
. U could design weapons for gobs like mechanic spanner it would be great when they hunt in pack .Love scenes action too. Juz part of sum suggestions hehe ,way to go buddy,mine is still quite raw i still working on it when i am roughly done then i will let u see my wip ^ ^.i quite worry as i really not good in mecha parts T_T

Thanks a lot for the suggestions bud, theyve actually been a great help, you brought up a good point especially in relation to tools they would use.

Being so small they would obviously need all the help they could get even though they work in large numbers. Im definately going to try and show the other creatures pain in relation to their joy, that should be another good point of contrast in the final image.

Just have to keep knocking stuff out and see where it takes me.:thumbsup: :D

artjunkie
05-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey, sketchfiend...

Dig your goblin designs, especially the closeup of the goblin head! Nice drawings! Looking forward to seeing your updates! Good luck in the contest.

P.S. Thx for your comments on my machineflesh thread... muchly appreciated.

:beer:

londero
05-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Very cool style!

I love your sketches. Nice job.

Force man!

View my project (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141195)

sketchfiend
05-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Londero and artjunkie thanks a lot for your comments much appreciated, at this stage i could use all the feedback i can get. If anyone has any suggestions/criticisms based on my idea i would love to hear em'.

Have an awesome week everyone and ill try and get more stuff up ASAP.:thumbsup: :D

OrcOYoyo
05-24-2004, 12:45 AM
I realy like the drawing. but it's a bit to early to give real feedback. waiting for more to come :)

sketchfiend
05-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by OrcOYoyo
I realy like the drawing. but it's a bit to early to give real feedback. waiting for more to come :)

Ive just checked out your Gnome workshop image, damn thats awesome. Must have take a hell of a lot of time, but the results speak for themselves. Excellent work.:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
05-24-2004, 10:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085390094_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085390094_large.jpg)

This a quick sketch and colour concept for one of my workmen BOT characters.

This may be the look im going for with the industrial workmen bots. But im open to anything at this stage, im planning on focusing on the character bodies next. I almost feel ready for knocking out detailed parts, that will come in my next few updates.

25Days 14Hours 54Minutes 48Seconds

Craymels
05-24-2004, 02:57 PM
ooo kool is all getting out now ur ideas are somehow there already, its looking great lets work together eh buddy ^ ^
Do u have msn?

sketchfiend
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085412099_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085412099_large.jpg)

Just started on getting a body figured out for my worker-BOT. Im not sure what i want him doing, i dont mind the paint BOT idea but perhaps he needs some heavier duty equipment, hence ive also just quickly shown a Drilling arm type attachment.

I was also thinking of a Jackhammer, arc welding, cutting blade etc. Anyway, im just going to keep going till i find something that looks good.

25days 8hours 43minutes 54seconds

duddlebug
05-24-2004, 06:18 PM
There's some real nice ideas here....

How about the gremlins really looking like they've got out fo scale mechanical parts...? So they look like they've nicked them from something bigger... One over-sized arm perhaps..? Or a hat made out of a big mechanical foot...?

I just thought that if they are stealing bits from other machineflesh creatures then they wouldn't necessarily be the right shape or size.

rawgon
05-24-2004, 08:24 PM
hey man, the hairy gremlin its very good idea, its very agressive, looks like a war device ready to kill, built by humans... keep up with that:thumbsup:

AirbORn
05-24-2004, 11:02 PM
WOw, I love the last concept you did, the paint bot. Damm that is such a nice idea. Lets see some more!

-Mark

sketchfiend
05-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Dooddlebug: Thanks for the comments, youve brought up a really good point about the scale of things, when i drew the Gremlin on the BOT head i wasnt sure whether he is too small. If i want to get a good amount of detail in the final composition i might have to beef the Gremlins up to about 1/3 or a 1/4 of the size of the thing they are attacking, i think the gremlin on the head is possibly too small.

Another excellent point about the mechanical parts they are stealing...that they should be out of proportion to their own bodies, but should also definately look as though theyve adapted to their larger upgrades. Youre definately right, Thanks for bringing it up.

Ill leave that for my next few updates, i feel like im on a roll atm so any suggestions that come along are a huge help. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Renderwhite:Thanks dude, hes my favourite atm i love how, gruff he looks. Definately going to keep him on, havent yet decided what i will do with him. I was sort of thinking of a triumphant hero pose standing on the dismantled corpse of one of the worker BOTs. Thanks again for your comment.

AirbORn: Thanks for the comment, much appreciated. I will definately hove more stuff up today. The faster i get everything out on paper the more time i will have to play with the final image. keep up the great work on your entry, im really looking forward to seeing everybodys stuff at the end.:D

Goodluck guys, catch you soon.:wavey:

sketchfiend
05-25-2004, 06:53 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085464397_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085464397_large.jpg)

This is a quick sketch of the pose im thinking of going for with the worker BOT. I want him to look like hes had the rug pulled from under him. The fall sequence is knees to face.Hehehe

Now i havent drawn in the missing arm, because what ive got planned is that in a freeze-framed leap, off of the BOTs back, the Gremlin is in mid air with the bots arm over his head ready to smash its skull in. Im thinking of using the huge drill.

I will post up a nicer colour version tonight along with the little fella ready to do some head pounding.^_O

24Days 18hours 14Minutes 31Seconds

sketchfiend
05-25-2004, 09:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085472508_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085472508_large.jpg)

Just wanted to do a really quick colour up of the DED-BOT. More updates soon.

24Days 15Hours 53Minutes 52Seconds

Craymels
05-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey buddy i will be posting abt tommorrow or sumthing cause i no time to scan but already drawn hehe , no worries eh, i like ur workbot it is getting real cool. tt posture is nice too ^ ^, add some modifications maybe little wheels on foot or sumthings like tanker wheels so that will be heavy once knockdown hard to be up again. Add some really heavy workload and big like pressing on him or sumthing maybe his stocks and stuff.
goblins are aggressive and all u can show a goblin trying to bite the bots wires like using his teeth pulling it out.
very native eh. hehe. Gambatte lets work hard tommorrow.
my birthday is around 29th may so preparing the stuff and all for my party so haha kinda shopping everywhere but will get back seriously after tt date. ^ ^

artjunkie
05-25-2004, 10:59 PM
I love the designs for the characters I'm seeing here! You have a great drawing style too... I want to see more! When will we see all these characters together (I'm assuming they're all part of a larger composition?)

Great work mate... keep it up!

:beer:

sketchfiend
05-26-2004, 06:28 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085549295_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085549295_large.jpg)

Just a Welder BOT concept, still trying to make my mind up on which to use. Anyway ill keep going, might start on the composition, that will probably help me to decide.

23Days 18Hours 36Minutes 17Seconds

vincentvv
05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Goood thing u are writing in my thread....That way i found theese babes...Looks cool, and im happy that im subscribed here, now...:)
(Did thatmake sense?)

sketchfiend
05-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by vincent_v
Goood thing u are writing in my thread....That way i found theese babes...Looks cool, and im happy that im subscribed here, now...:)
(Did thatmake sense?)

Complete sense, just gald that youre back and posting up your stuff again, love your work.

Thanks for subscribing, I update as much as i can in between work and home so, definately keep an eye out.:D :beer:

vincentvv
05-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Ill do that...rest assure:buttrock:

Luter
05-26-2004, 01:59 PM
I like the way you see bots...something like chidren especialy in their poses..something very kind and I like it.:thumbsup:
I stay tuned on your thread friend, and btw thanks for all your great comments on mine.:wavey:

Luter
05-26-2004, 02:00 PM
And btw.........Hey vincent_v friend:wavey:

cabertevon
05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Kamil... Great work...Welder BOT specially, give him a dynamic pose.

Congrats!!!
:thumbsup:

Visit my 2D Machineflesh Thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131262&perpage=15&pagenumber=4)

sketchfiend
05-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Goli, cabertevon and vincent_v and anyone else whos dropped by, thanks!! heaps guys, really appreciate the interest.

Those comments coming from you guys is extremely flattering considering that i really respect the skills you have.:bowdown:

I have a couple of new sketches coming up, will post more stuff very soon. Hopefully i will have generated enough stuff to finally start putting togther my compositions.

Good luck with your own works, cant wait to see more of your stuff. I will catch up with you soon.:thumbsup: :beer: :wavey:

sketchfiend
05-27-2004, 07:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085640919_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085640919_large.jpg)

This is my rough concept for the background of the composition, the idea is that these bots are in a workshop, type of envirorinment and in the background you see a small piece of the thing they are building.

Its a HUGE robot hand that is attached to an even bigger arm, body, head, etc. You get the picture 0_^. Anyway this will be the background part of my composition.

i was trying to figure out what they would be building, and i didnt necessarily want them building vehicles. I may go back to that but, ill stick with the huge hand for now.

The one thing that pops into my head with the whole giant hand thing is the phrase:

"IDLE HANDS ARE THE DEVILS PLAYGROUND"

so this workshop with the giant(idle)hand is the Goblins(devils) playground. hehehe

22Days 17Hours 16Minutes 24Seconds

sketchfiend
05-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Oh, if you click on the image of the hand, you get a larger version of the sketch, if youre interested.:thumbsup:

More updates coming very soon.:D

dragongirl
05-28-2004, 03:39 AM
I really like the color. It works well wih the intricatly drawn machine parts you did.

sketchfiend
05-28-2004, 11:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085738918_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1085738918_large.jpg)

This is just the begining of a colour in progress for my background, still not exactly sure if im going to use it.

Ive never done any full on, digital painting of this type so this is kind of my first attempt. Im really just going on what i think looks right based on previous experiences.

Hopefully you guys think it looks Ok. If you have any suggestions PLEASE! let me know.

21Days 13Hours 57 Minutes 16Seconds, seriously running out of time, got to keep pushing on.^_O

sketchfiend
05-29-2004, 05:07 AM
Going away for a few days this weekend, need to clear my mind :wise:, perhaps start form scratch, or just get some better ideas flowing :lightbulb... either way i will hopefully come back with something better.

I will update in 2days or so, Have a good one everyone, and keep up the great work.:thumbsup: :wavey:

sketchfiend
06-01-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086081004_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086081004_large.jpg)

Welder head composition concept sketch.

ailu
06-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Really like that hand of god color sketch you did, if its going to be like that all over combined with your style then I think it´s very interesting!!!

you also had some other fantastic sketches earlier.

keep it up:applause:

Luter
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Oh Oh !! Things I like here ! Good tests in color, especialy the tubulars...go on man! :thumbsup:

Staying tuned on your work...
best ..:o)

brunowerneck
06-02-2004, 03:56 AM
That's a pretty neat idea.

So far you've posted goblins, mechanical welders and a background...
So, since you're having fun with Photoshop, maybe it's time to put all the drawings together and see how the overall layout / illustration will look like...

I wouldn't color anything anymore untill all pieces of the artwork are present... to make sure the colors get along, you know?

But so far so good man...you've been bookmarked!
And thanks for taking your time to critique on my entry

Bruno (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136875&perpage=20&pagenumber=3)

sketchfiend
06-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Yeah thats definately the next thing i got to do, ive got one more character to go for my composition, sort of a semi-forklift type of worker bot. And i will combine all my elements, thanks for the suggestion i really needed it.:beer: :D

element5
06-02-2004, 03:59 AM
WOW!

cool style dude, The idea is great too.
keep the updates coming....:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by element5
WOW!

cool style dude, The idea is great too.
keep the updates coming....:thumbsup:

thanks for the comment bud much appreciated.
K:thumbsup: :beer: :D

sketchfiend
06-02-2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086171701_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086171701_large.jpg)

Final piece in my composition puzzle, will start posting up my composition progress from now on.

This particular BOT is a Heavy lifter and as you can see the gremlins are having some fun with him.

Ive decided to go for the dark gremilins with only eyes and mouth visible due to my lack of time, i dont know if i can get too detailed with them so i think i will stick with keep ing them simple and detailing my BOTs.

16Days 13Hours 42Minutes 37Seconds

cuppacam
06-02-2004, 01:47 PM
SWEET!! Love the idea.

Your colouring style is awesome, can't wait for the update.

Dan_Segarra
06-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Lookin' good! I like the way you colored the sketch of that hand "screen shot" drawing. It has a lot of form and structure. The gremlin guys on the last drawing are a bit distracting to me though. Maybe if they were a bit smaller... it would be a nice contrast to the robot.

Good stuff!

sketchfiend
06-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Cuppacam:Thanks for you comment bud, much appreciated.

Dan_Segarra: Thanks for your comments and the C+C, you make a good point the gremlins are slightly distracting as i should really try and make the focus be much more based on the BOTs. I dont want to turn it in to a "Wheres wally?" type situation where theres too much going on in the composition to enjoy it and see what you need to see.

The basica idea for the final composition is based on 3 Man.machine BOTs that are being surrounded and messed with by the horde of gremlins. The 3 BOTs will be the lifter, painter and welder. Im trying for some dynamic poses but finding the BOTs difficult to place together esspecially if i want to clearly show the ideas for each BOT and have the gremlins attacking. Ill keep working at it, and have some rough layouts up very soon.

BIG THANKS again to everybody whos taken the time to visit my thread. Have an great day!!:D :thumbsup: :beer: :beer:

duddlebug
06-03-2004, 08:28 AM
That last one's great!!

I really like the little dark gremlins against the chunkyness of the big fella... are they gonna be really tormenting him...?

And the earlier colour test (the photoshop screengrab) is really nicely rendered.

keep on truckin'....

sketchfiend
06-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by duddlebug
That last one's great!!

I really like the little dark gremlins against the chunkyness of the big fella... are they gonna be really tormenting him...?

And the earlier colour test (the photoshop screengrab) is really nicely rendered.

keep on truckin'....

Thanks mate, coming from you thats a real compliment as im a huge admirer of your work. In answer to your question im definately going to try and have them as i would like to say "GIVE HIM THE SHITS...(aussie coloquial term)" :p, dont know about their positions atm, they will probably change.

And the screen grab, i hope to render the whole image that way but with the time thats left in the comp im going to be pushing it. Its also the first time at trying to paint something up in photoshop in that style so ill see what happens. Either way i got to keep going.

Thanks again, i will look forward to more of your work. I will try to update soon.:thumbsup: :D

0-2
06-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

spacesnail
06-03-2004, 12:49 PM
:bounce:

Cool concept. I really love the lifter.
Please more updates

vincentvv
06-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Lots of cool stuff in this thread...And a helluvalot Talent too...Ur colortests is made with a very precise tekniq:)
Keep em comming!!!

sketchfiend
06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
vincent_v , spacesnail and 0-2 thanks for your comments guys, its encouragement like that that makes me want to try harder and keep me motivated. As ive mentioned before its a real pleasure to be involved in this with so many great talented people.

:D :bowdown:

Its Friday tommorrow, going to be tied up and busy for most of the day but the weekend is around the corner and should give me a real opportunity to get things started, like my Linework phase and if im lucky my colouring.

Thanks again guys, Have a good night.:wise: :beer: :D

galaxian
06-03-2004, 02:42 PM
For a first attempt at the digital painting style it's quite spiffy to say the least.
So do you usually go for the airbrushed comic kind of style, or what's your cup of tea?

Corlinator
06-03-2004, 08:29 PM
really cool style you have, i like your use of lines, when do we see more?:applause:

0-2
06-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes, more, when:shrug: :bounce: Keep it up:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Galaxian:
For a first attempt at the digital painting style it's quite spiffy to say the least.
So do you usually go for the airbrushed comic kind of style, or what's your cup of tea?

First of all big thanks bud... the airbrushed look that i had in my concept work is just to get an idea for colours, I do like it from the point of view that i can do it very quickly and get a relatively good idea of what i want the character to look like.

As for my cup of tea...My skill base is basically orientated around product rendering for quick presentation work etc. so i have a fairly loose style and i try not to spend too much time on any one image, i need to be able to work fast. And so more often than not, at work im using traditional media for all my rendering and colouring (markers, pencils) and then i scan and adjust/tweak the image digitally. But as ive mentioned, fully digitally painted stuff isnt something ive ever tried before. I aim to do it for this image though.

O-2 and Corlinator::wip:
Thanks for the PUSH guys, sometimes i guess we all need a little bit of cheering on:bounce: to keep us going, i really appreciate it. Some rough layouts will be up soon, just need to find the time to scan them in...i promise something soon. :wip:

I love both of your works guys, goodluck with your own stuff, i hope to see much more from yourselves as well as many others in the comp. Keep it up.:beer:

To everyone have a an awesome day!:thumbsup:

Luter
06-04-2004, 01:31 AM
..........................:shrug: update..............:cry:

londero
06-04-2004, 01:42 AM
lots of very nice and cool bots!!!

I'm curious to see the final idea to challenge! :rolleyes:

keep with this excellent work!:bounce:

force :thumbsup:

my entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141195)

RBriley
06-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Great style in this image. Very nice.

ioio
06-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Fajne jak cholera dynamiczne rysunki ...Maja swoj niepowtarzalny styl ...nie da sie ukryc .Fajne kolory ..Intensywne Co do twojego polskiego to jest super i wszystko zrozumialem..Powodzenia .Mysle ze twoje prace maja na konkursie duzo do powiedzenia.

MrFreeman
06-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I really love the Lifter concept, great drawing and you really get a feel for how great it could be when finished.

I agree that making the gremlins smaller in scale might add to the impact of the lifter / robot, though i like their characters (so not too small).

I look forward to seeing what sort of environment they will be in.

keep the great work coming:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-06-2004, 04:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086535321_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086535321_large.jpg)

This is basically a really quick sketch of what i plan to do with my composition in terms of layout. Im hoping it will be nicely balanced in the end.

I have yet to include the gremlins, so you may not be able to get the full idea as yet, but these guys will basically be surrounded and pulled apart by the gremlins.

I will work them in probably once i get my full line work sorted and paint them in properly once i get onto my colouring.

The back Welder bot may look a little wierd atm but the idea is that he has a gremlin pulling some wires out of his back and hes trying to reach behind and fry him, thats kind of what im hoping for.

The basic environment that ive sort of tried to quickly mimic is alot of wires and thick cables running between their legs and above them. This should give me the opportunity to place the gremlins in some neat spots.

I really have to get moving now, ill give myself a day or so (depending on how busy i am with other stuff) to complete the final composition concept sketch and line work, and get it all laid out. And the rest has to be painting and colouring. Ill post up as soon i have something concrete.

12Days 8Hours 51Minutes 8Seconds. Not long now....AHHHHHH!!! hehehe 0_o

Newke
06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I really love your sketchs, you've got a very dynamic style !
And what i've seen with the colouring test looks promising.

Keep it up ze good job :thumbsup: :beer:

Luter
06-07-2004, 02:38 AM
Well !! That's a very good composition my friend ! I do not see where you'll put flesh yet, but i'm sure you'll do the best..The BG looks great to...........I can see that it'll be a great piece ! :thumbsup:

I wait for the next...

.................................................:wavey: ..........................................

hanzo
06-07-2004, 09:34 AM
:wip: spankin man, nuff said, post morE..!

sketchfiend ;) neet name..

ioio
06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Great composed .Super stuff.
Im waiting for next.

Ma styl nie ma co....
Czekm na kolor.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

paulwdavidson
06-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi Sketchfiend....i'll be watching closely how you colour this....it looks excellent.....it's strange, but when you look at other artists concepts, it makes you consider all sorts of other solutions for your own.....inspiring stuff.

Thanks for the kind comments for my concept.

Paul

eupee
06-07-2004, 03:39 PM
good composition, looks comic style.
you got great talent, i like it alot.

adelaide represent!

sketchfiend
06-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Newke (keep it up, im looking forward to seeing your work progressing, ive really enjoyed seeing your progression from beggining to your current status...great stuff)

Goli (Awesome work buddy, i hope things are going well for you...i look forward to your final piece my friend)

Hanzo (Hitori Hanzo I hope, good luck with the 3D side of the comp. you make me wish i was able to make some of my stuff in 3D.)

ioio(dzienkuje bardzo, keep it up...really enjoying you unique style of work)

Paul Davidson (I think you're the real sketchfiend, amazing work buddy)

and Eupee (Much appreciated mate...ill try and do my best to make my mark for adelaide)

Im surprised ive recieved any responses to my work...and so im greatful for all of your comments. I wasnt sure whether i was heading in the right direction but after those comments im on a high. Thats what makes these challanges so good its the feedback that you get from your peers that makes it worth the while to keep participating.

Sorry i havent been around lately, ive been trying to tackle the line work phase of the composition and as id like to put it "...its been giving me the shits...":wip:

I was sitting down trying to get the details in my characters knocked out last night and everything i was drawing just didnt mesh so ive left it. Came back to it this morning, came in to work early and just started to draw and everything was just sweeeeet!! Just needed to press the reset button on my noggin...just needed a reboot and perhaps an upgrade later considering the kind of work im up against is sooo amazing.:bowdown:

I will post the progress for my line work soon. Have an awesome day, ill be back...:wavey: :beer: :D

Luter
06-08-2004, 03:09 AM
You 're a :thumbsup: guy .. I wish you the best Sketch...Friend !
Waiting for your next great work ! :beer:
cheers.

jeff-goli:D

sketchfiend
06-08-2004, 09:42 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086684154_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086684154_large.jpg)

Just a quick update for my line work, i should be done soon, once thats sorted, just got to start painting. Im really pushing fo rtime now, so i really hope i make it.

10Days 15Hours 19Minutes 59Seconds

0-2
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
It's looking good! Good luck and keep it up!:)

sketchfiend
06-09-2004, 01:26 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086740769_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086740769_large.jpg)

Just another, linework WIP, more soon...i havent had any time to work on it fully so its going really slowly, and thats not good considering how much time is left. Just going to keep pushing on. Wish me luck.

9Days 23Hours 36Minutes 55seconds

0-2
06-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Squibbit
06-09-2004, 01:32 AM
yea ,heh , first there was like too much time and now
there's not enough ,arg .. anyways , i hope you got the
time to finish the pic , good luck , it's a fine work

sketchfiend
06-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Thanks!! O-2 and squibbit really appreciate your support, Goodluck with your stuff too, cant wait to see it in the end...i hope youre having an easier time with your image than i am with mine.:cry:Its all good though.

If i have to stay awake for 3 days ill do it...take a couple of sickies from work, whatever it takes...must........finish................:wip:

Thanks again mate:D :beer:

Russo
06-09-2004, 02:56 AM
more,! more! more!! :beer: very good line work keep going!

cheers

sketchfiend
06-09-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086771358_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086771358_large.jpg)

just a quick update for y'all, working out the details for my lifter BOT. Was thinking of adding a logo to his body.

Wanted to go for something based on the CAT (caterpillar) logo, but change it to DOG. Kind sad i know -_0, if any one has any suggestions let me know, otherwise im going to keep pushing on.

I plan on finishing tonight so i will be up as long as it takes. That should hopefully include all of my worker BOTs, Gremlins and background.

9Days 15Hours 10Minutes 5Seconds

paulwdavidson
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Nice form......your'e cooking with gas, now!

Good luck

Paul

sketchfiend
06-09-2004, 12:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086780150_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086780150_large.jpg)

Another Quick Update...Moving on....

9Day 12Hour 41Minutes 19Seconds

sketchfiend
06-09-2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086780428_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086780428_large.jpg)

Inverted version of my line work, posting it as i just thought it looks kinda cool...next comes the background and the little freaks...

Almost there...0_o

Luter
06-09-2004, 07:28 PM
It's great my friend...and composition is really dynamic...

I wish you a good luck !
Keep up !

...........................................:bounce: :thumbsup: :beer: .................

Corlinator
06-10-2004, 09:46 AM
oh wow these drwaing are awsome, i am stunned, i really like your ideas very ,very cool.
cant wait to see what you are going to do with the colouring
keep it up

sketchfiend
06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086858339_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1086858339_large.jpg)

another quick update...the next update will be my final line art.

8Days 14Hours 55Minutes 31Seconds

MrFreeman
06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
:thumbsup: Really looking good...great WIP since I last looked...dynamic line drawings....

Let's see the colour work...has to something special judging by what you've posted so far...only 8 days and a bit to go...I'd better get on..:applause: :applause:

hephez
06-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Really GREEEAAAAT sketch!! :thumbsup:

vincentvv
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I really enjoing this thread(said it before?)
It looks like its gonna be huge...
And ya...looks cool in negative!!
I for myself love to mirror my image...always makin me look at pic with whole new eyes:D

element5
06-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Dude awesome drawing, u havn't got much time left. I have faith in u, u can do it. Crank the coffee machine up. Use the force what ever it takes....lol

good luck :thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Goli:Once again, thank you soooo much my friend...im glad youre a supporter of my struggle...hehehe....Many thanks!!:thumbsup:

Corlinator:I was extremely pleased to read your comment considering i am a huge admirer of your HUGE!!! talent:bowdown: i would love to be as skill as you and many others in this comp...thanks for your support.:thumbsup:

Freeman:Thanks again for visiting my thread, much appreciated...i wish you all the best with your own entry. I only hope that i can now live up to your expectation for my colour work...Id appreciate any feedback once i get started on that stage... should be very soon.

oh, btw ive checked out your profile Dave, youve cetainly got some great experience under your belt. Your work definately speaks for itself

hephezThanks bud!! i loved what you have done in your entry. Whit so many serious and dark and disturbing themes coming through in the entries its very refreshing to see some thing with a bit of humour...love it!!!

Vincent_v:Thanks for the suggestion ill try that, ithink that may help me balance the picture a bit better once i start droping in all the extra details in the background. Im glad youre folwing my thread just as ive mentioned before im a great admirier of what youve done....Thanks again.

Element5:Great to see youre still around bud, i hope your stuff is goig well...as patient i want to be with this work, there is a deadline and it has to be met to be in with a chance. Thank you SOOOO much for your great support. in the end youre right i think it will be the coffee machine and me getting into an up close and personal relationship.....not what youre thinking though...SICKO!!hehehe

Anyway, hope i havent missed anyone, if i have i appologies...thanks to everyone that visits my thread. Must push on, i probably spet way too much time on this reply. In any case as it turns out theres a 3 Day weekend coming up due to a public holiday on Monday. So it appears that the gods a smiling down on the Sketchfiend......The best of luck to everyone and i will keep you posted (pardon the pun) on my progress.:beer: :wavey:

londero
06-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Oh my GOD!:eek:

SUPERB WORK HERE!!!

GREEEAT!

Kamil, go!go!go! keep with colors!!!

Force man, your design is fantastic!!

my entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141195)

sketchfiend
06-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Londero: Thank you very much...youve got some very inventive and interesting techniques going for you in your "Templar project"...i love the last update you posted, as you might remember, if youve ever seen "THE A TEAM" on tv. The catch phrase goes...."i just love it when a plan comes together..." and your work shows it. It has come together very nicely... keep it up my Friend.:thumbsup: :D :beer:

Anyway, its late over here, about 2:00am in the morning and i have to get up for work. Another day another dollar...as Londero likes to say.....FORCE!!!!

Luter
06-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Waaa............gremlins!!! they are fun, very good poses.........a lot of humour in this piece my friend.......... i like it!!! And i don't speak about your skills...:thumbsup: ............................ as usual i wait for the next !!

have a good work!!

cheers

jeffrey.............................................................:)

illustr8r
06-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Great concept. I really like the way you "build" your mechanics. I'll be excited to watch this one when we get closer to the finish line. :bounce:

JasonChan
06-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Your line work is awesome! Better get cracking at those color, though! Times'a tickin!

I'm very eager to see this in color. :thumbsup:

spacesnail
06-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Great line art.
Wish to see the coloured version.
You still have 8 days to make it.

brunowerneck
06-11-2004, 05:29 AM
looking pretty good there buddy!

8 days left... make it 7!

and best luck to you too man...

Bruno (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136875&perpage=20&pagenumber=4)

londero
06-11-2004, 06:55 PM
My friend

Your words about my job are very cool, but, I need to say, your influence too is a reference to me. Yeah!

I have entry in this forum only to see the job of my friend Vinícius, the "bloodTaster". And for my surprise, now I have a job too in this contest and the most unespected to me: a bit of great friends and enthusiasts of digital arts...

This post is to encourages you to run and keep this strong and wonderful job, and especially to thanks your inestimable presence in my thread in this journey... I think in this, it is like a Templar spirit.

Well, the traditional desire of

FORCE to you.

Thanks for all

Londero.

TeemuR
06-12-2004, 01:36 AM
WoHOOOO! Looks very promising! There's a lot interesting design going on. Your gremlin design made laugh! :D In a good way of course! heheh! Your composition looks strong too. What kind of color scheme you're thinking about? :p

Have a beer but don't drink too much! :beer:

duddlebug
06-12-2004, 12:50 PM
These are looking great. There's loadsa detail in there now (and 'machine' elements).

Any thoughts on your background...?

Good luck getting it all done....

sketchfiend
06-13-2004, 07:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087108754_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087108754_large.jpg)

Forgot to update the final line art...so here it is, theres things i need to fix but ive been doing that as i paint it up. ill post up my painting WIPs once im happy with where im at, probably tommorrow...

5Days 17hours 25Minutes 52Seconds

...time sure flys when youre having fun...hehehe 0_o

brunowerneck
06-13-2004, 07:43 AM
aha!

nice layout and composition... all put together very neatly...
...now get back to work! ;)

Bruno (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136875&perpage=20&pagenumber=4)

MrFreeman
06-13-2004, 07:45 AM
:applause: Wow...talk about detail....it really amazes me how you can really work up a line drawing to this quality

can't wait to see the next stage

Kepp on working.....and good luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Partied way too much last night, so im having a really slow start today...need to recoup...Thanks again to everyone whos taken an interest in my entry....as i mentioned i will have some colour wips up tommorrow...must push on

illustr8r:
Thanks for your interest bud, much appreciated. Your work is awesome too, i love the idea and where youve taken it.
As Paul Davidson (master sketcher that he is) commented in your thread, that what makes your piece so good is that its based on the idea that if your scenario was not fictional then thats the way it would probably be in real life. Great stuff i look forward to more.

Evil Gerbil:
Any sort of praise coming fom you dude, is extremely appreciated, considering the masterful piece of art youre creating. One of my faves in the comp, youve definately got my vote :bowdown:

Spacesnail
Thanks bud, 8days has now gone down to 5, funny how fast time goes by esspecially when a deadline looms overhead...:D Its been a real pleasure seeing your progress, esspecially your paint work...very inspiring. Keep it up

Brunowerneck
Thanks for your interest Bruno, love youre work as you know...i havent been around for a couple of days so i hope your colouring is going well since i last took a look. All the best mate...see you at the finish line.

Londero:
Always a pleasure chatting with you mate, keep up the great work, ill check up on your progress soon...many thanks for your great comments.:beer:

TeemuR:
TeemuR, im glad youre liking what im doing considering how much i really like your concept...almost thought about doing something very similar from the begining to what you have chosen. Ive really enjoyed seeing youre most recent updates...i hope its going well for you now....Goodluck.

As for the colour scheme, im trying to sort that out atm, hopefully i wil have something to show tommorrow, C+C would be appreciated once its up.

Duddlebug:
Thanks for the comments dude, the background is up now, ive seen youre awesome reference pics, theyll look great as the final comosition for your stuff...Cant wait to have a gork when theyre up...goodluck....btw did i mention i love your drawings (for record this is the 1000000th time hehehe) awesome stuff mate.:bowdown:

Goodluck to you all, ill touch base again soon...:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by MrFreeman
:applause: Wow...talk about detail....it really amazes me how you can really work up a line drawing to this quality

can't wait to see the next stage

Kepp on working.....and good luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great comment mate, i hope your own stuff is going well. I will definately keep pushin on...hopefully i can meet up to peoples expectations for my colour work...we'll see how i go...:thumbsup::wip:

paulwdavidson
06-13-2004, 11:33 AM
It just keeps getting better....and better....and better!!!!!

Congratulations.

Paul

ps one thing to keep in mind....(i'm not trying to teach my granny to suck eggs here, by the way) but be careful not to throw too much colour at it, with so many elements to this piece........i would limit your palette.

Good job, man!

spacesnail
06-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Spirit of Geof Darrow go out of this body and let him finish his work quietly. Especially the colouring process.:p

I'm really mad about your sense of detail.
Keep on...

Thanks for your kind words.

EmpY
06-13-2004, 02:08 PM
:surprised Lovely mess! :thumbsup:
I hope you can finish on time.....

eupee
06-13-2004, 05:39 PM
this is quality.
so much to look at, and more when it is colured, hope you work it until the last minute mate:thumbsup:

vincentvv
06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Yaa...awesome!!
U better finish that piece up....
Do that nice colorthing...:)

Squibbit
06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
lol , what EmpY said

godspeed

Luter
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
:bounce: ..................I just can say like the others!!!!!!!!:bounce:

he he :D :eek: :beer:

Falcorr
06-13-2004, 06:32 PM
You totally surpassed my expections for this picture!
Gongratulations! :bowdown:

Lovely mess :surprised

Now hurry up with them colors :wavey:

hanzo
06-14-2004, 02:03 AM
great detail,... start colors :bounce: start colors :bounce: please :buttrock:

londero
06-14-2004, 04:13 AM
Lineart: SUPERB:eek:
Compose: GREAT!!!:drool:
TIME: SSSHHHOOORRRTTTTT:bounce:

DESIRE TO MY FRIEND: RUN! GO ON TO THE COLORS!!!!

go sketch, I need see this in colors!!!

Force!!!

TEMPLAR wait for you (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141195&perpage=15&pagenumber=13)

Russo
06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
very nice.. you could be comic book artist or something..:buttrock: great line job/ drawing... hope to see some light study going on, the deadline is coming fast :wip:

cheers

sketchfiend
06-14-2004, 10:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087206674_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087206674_large.jpg)

This is my first colour WIP..its of the painters head, sort of trying to capture a the highlights of his flesh by the light thats glowing from his eyes, also trying to put a bit of that glow into his hair. The red Highlights on his hair will be from the siren lights on his shoulders, it may change as i start droping in other colors...let me know what you guys think so far, its only a tiny piece of my MESS!! as it was put so nicely...hehehehe.

Im going to try an pull an all nighter tonight but i may need a power nap before i go to work tommorrow.

Thanks for the awesome comments, im really glad everybody is as anxious for me to finish as i am myself, THANKS GUYS!!....More updates very soon

4Days 14Hours 18Minutes 50Seconds

sketchfiend
06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Click on the image for a bigger/better version:beer: :D :thumbsup: :wip: :wavey:

vincentvv
06-14-2004, 11:00 AM
"...only a tiny piece of my mess"
LOLS..u are funny, BUT...it looks cool, love the way the blue light color the hair and forhead.
GOGOGO...hurry up, u have to make this piece finish, it would be such a shame if u didtn make the deadline...
Crossing my fingeres for u:)

Luter
06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi friend ! What a nice start !

gogogogogogogogogo........outch! DON'T speak too much !!
paint paint paint.....

....and ......no stressss.........:D

:beer: :scream: :bounce: :applause:

sketchfiend
06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087235972_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087235972_large.jpg)

Updated Colour WIP...i hope i get it done...im really enjoying this...learning a lot within the last couple of hours or so, its taking ages though, Hopefully things will start to go a lot more smoothly from now on...:banghead:

I hope everyone else is going ok, sorry if i havent been posting in other threads...ill catch up with everybody once im done...Goodluck to all

4Days 6Hours 5Minutes 7Seconds

Btw its almost 4:00 in the morning and im still at it...regretfully though i may have to crash out because of work tommorrow...im going to be absolutely trashed if i dont get a couple of hours sleep. With that...goodnight :wavey: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Corlinator
06-14-2004, 07:31 PM
wow dude i am amazad at your line work totally super awsome
ps i have posted that mini tutorial on how i do the metal
so go check it out i hope it can help you, sorry i only got back now but work has been evil
cool and keep it up it is looking super

sketchfiend
06-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Corlinator
wow dude i am amazad at your line work totally super awsome
ps i have posted that mini tutorial on how i do the metal
so go check it out i hope it can help you, sorry i only got back now but work has been evil
cool and keep it up it is looking super

Thanks for the heads up mate, ill check it out...may come in handy;) :thumbsup: Thanks for the comment too much appreciated...

I stuck at work right now...too much other stuff to do...sooooo frustrating :cry: all i can think about is getting back into my colouring....ill try and fit some in during lunch...hopefully i can get some of the work off my back early so i can jump back into it...wish me luck:wip:

Luter
06-15-2004, 02:17 AM
I wish !!!
Go on my friend, you can do it !!!:scream:
:applause:

BloodTaster
06-15-2004, 04:28 AM
go on man!!:wip:
looks great!!!

hephez
06-15-2004, 01:21 PM
WOAW!! I like your work, your colors, your concept... Argh! :drool: :buttrock:

Zenlines
06-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Lovely lineart and lights. The composition has BIG BIG BIG potential,
so put the bones to work man, don't let us down! You can do it!

Laurentiu

madone01
06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
ipresive work dude the inking is awsome the colour is deadly

sketchfiend
06-16-2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087401271_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087401271_large.jpg)

Just a quick update....havent been able to work on my image till today and lost a lot of time. Did a couple of hours worth today...I have to finish..i will keep at it.

ive just been getting the background ready for dropping in details that i will need to light my scene. I want to get them in before i start droping any more colour on to my characters. The background wont be so dark and will be more detailed than what you can currently see.

next update i will have completed a majority of my background and characters.

Thanks for the support guys...Have a great week and ill catch up soon

2Days 8Hours 16Minutes 30Seconds

vincentvv
06-16-2004, 05:00 PM
COOOL...looks like things really starting to happens here...makes me glad...

Russo
06-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by goli
I wish !!!
Go on my friend, you can do it !!!:scream:
:applause:

hahaha indeed!!

cheers

paulwdavidson
06-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Fantastic potential......looking excellent...........pull your socks up!

Paul

element5
06-17-2004, 07:53 AM
woohoo!!! looking good u can do it!!

Corlinator
06-17-2004, 10:49 PM
come on sketchie, you must finish, i so enjoyed the line work that i have to see this piece finished.
may artforce be with you:buttrock:

0-2
06-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Don't fail us now Sketchfiend, I know you won't:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Hey guys, really appreciate the support at this stage i would say that im about 75% through my piece, still chipping away at it...i really hope i can make it...:wip: :thumbsup: thanks again.

Btw, does anyone know how to create good quality Jpg images but keeping within the 150kb limit. Ive looked at everyone elses uploads and they look awesome but the ones i keep puttin gthrough for my colour wips look shockingly bad. Please let me know whats the best way to drop the size yet retaining quality in the image.

Cheers,:D

0-2
06-18-2004, 01:38 AM
Have you tried using the 'save for web' aplication in Photoshop, its under the file tab, it's used for optimizing your image. Hope it helps:shrug:

TeemuR
06-18-2004, 02:25 AM
I hope you can finish this! The start looks so promising! GO! GO! GO! PaINT, PAinnt, paint like A MAaaaD!!!! :D You CAN do it!

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 03:09 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087524593_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087524593_large.jpg)

Just testing O-2s advice on the upload quality of WIPS. Still have the same problem but perhaps ill just stick to downsizing my image and keeping quality high. Mehhh theyre only WIPS anyway...must keep pushing on

0Days 21Hours 52Minutes 34Seconds

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 09:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087547953_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087547953_large.jpg)

Must...keep...going......

0Days 15Hours 25Minutes 0Seconds

shivacola
06-18-2004, 10:49 AM
so many details, faster dude ! :thumbsup:

eupee
06-18-2004, 10:58 AM
do it for adelaide mate! it looks promising

Squibbit
06-18-2004, 11:01 AM
great effort , dude !

and the colors are so cool , too !

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Right now its 7:40PM on a friday night here in adelaide. Im planning on working through the night. The deadline drops on Saturday Morning at 9:30 am i figure if i can get it done by 7:30am that will give me enough time for the upload or extra tweaking...Ill be around till the end...thanks for the support guys:bounce: :thumbsup: :beer:

i will update through the night and morning so ill keep you posted with my progress.:wavey:

Snotblow
06-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow!!! Beautiful linework....beautiful lighting....beautiful colors.....I need to see this one finished!!! Go Sketchfiend GO!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hephez
06-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Go! Go! Gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :bounce: :buttrock:

0-2
06-18-2004, 05:40 PM
It seams we're in the same boat, sticking around till the end, it's going to be quite a ride, GOOD LUCK to you!:wavey:

duddlebug
06-18-2004, 05:53 PM
good luck getting it finished sketchfiend!!

i'm working like a loon... 6hours to go!!!

(waiting for a save... takes ages for my file to do anything now!! it's huge!!)

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah me too... i cant believe how carzy this is, im beggining to loose hope, must keep going...it aint over till its over.:thumbsup: :beer: :wip:

sketchfiend
06-18-2004, 08:23 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087586636_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3597/3597_1087586636_large.jpg)

another update...doesnt look like im going to make it in time, as i said i will keep going till the end.

0Days 4Hours 37Minutes 59Seconds

0-2
06-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Keep going.:buttrock:
Oh yes, I like your colours allot, very refreshing:scream:

element5
06-19-2004, 03:35 AM
well did u get it done dude?????

I hope so :)

eska
06-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Excellent and innovative.

sketchfiend
06-21-2004, 01:29 AM
In answer to question Element5, i didnt make it through bud. Im really bummed about the whole thing since i know a lot of the guys around here where following my progress and i just crashed and burned. Its not a total loss, i will definately finish it but now i can take my time, dont have to rush it and i can use it in my folio. Im pround of what ive done to some extent but it would have been REALLY nice to have got it in.

Bascially my story was that Thursday (this is all in adelaide time) i worked on it after work and i was up till about 5:00am friday morning, had 2hours sleep and went into work.

At work on firday things where kinda slow so i took the opportunity to work on it during the day...5:30pm friday hit work finished. Instead of deciding to go home after work and loose time with my 1hour drive back home i stayed at work and pushed on through the night on the image

By 2:00am i was really feeling out of it and wasnt necessarily as productive as i would like to have been...but i kept going. I knew 9:30am Saturday morning was the deadline so as i mentioned i wanted to keep going till the end until i knew for sure i wasnt going to be able to submit my final coloured work.

By 8:00am i know i was out of it...that was the clincher.

1hour and 30minutes left and i was kaput, i knew i wasnt going to make it. So thats it...sorry i didnt make it, i would have loved to have been in the comp. But i definatley realise now that i took too long to make some decisions and in the end that was my downfall.:sad:

I am still extremely glad that i was a part of the competition as i made some really great new friends, which i still hope to see around in these great forums. I am really looking forward to the next competition whatever it may be and i look forward to seeing more amazingly tallented people submiting their works and motivating/pushing each other to do better and be better.

I once again want to thank everybody who came by to take a look at my stuff, it was really appreciated. I want to wish everyone the best of luck in the comp whoever the judges choose, i know, will be fully deserving of the prize. Congrats to everybody who made it and goodluck.:applause:

SO in the end...i want to encourage everybody to keep drawing, keep painting keep doing whatever will make you better and smarter at doing the work you love. Have an great week and an excellent day...Catch you around the forums.:thumbsup:

Kamil aka. "sketchfiend":D

element5
06-21-2004, 02:09 AM
Was sad to hear u didnt make it, U gave it ur best shot.... will be waiting to see it when u post it in the 2D finished forum. Well i hope we can keep in touch seeing u r practically a neighbour....lol
Adelaide Rocks!!! :-)

Take care
Mark

sketchfiend
06-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Was sad to hear u didnt make it, U gave it ur best shot.... will be waiting to see it when u post it in the 2D finished forum. Well i hope we can keep in touch seeing u r practically a neighbour....lol
Adelaide Rocks!!! :-)

Take care
Mark
Thanks a lot mate...practically a neighbour? for sure... considering adelaide is so small, ive probably met you before but just havent realised it. You know how it is...the whole 6 degrees of separation thing. I have a friend, who knows a friend, whos friend knows a person and that person knows you. That kind of thing...LOL.:D

So yeah for sure, will definately keep in touch and when i do finish the image and im happy with it i will post i up in the 2D section. Thanks again bud... have a good one.:thumbsup:

MrFreeman
06-21-2004, 07:17 AM
:cry: Sorry to hear you didn't make it....This was certainly one of the best in the competition, so it's a real shame....keep working on it and post it soon, so we can all see the final piece...

keep going, hope you got some sleep and see you in the next challenge :) :) :applause:

ET
06-21-2004, 08:30 AM
ah well sorry to hear that u did'nt make it pal.. but still got some good stuff for folio. i post the final image in last 3 min. i could'nt have time to blend my creature into dark so its not lookin cool though. anyway hope to see you in another challange..

vincentvv
06-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Well...one can only wait until u finish ur piece anyways:)

Sad u didnt made it before deadline, but ur story is way to familiar. Things almost chrashed for me too, but i did upload a final..now my big trouble is that i dont have a fpc server...
I still think ur piece will be awesome and i hope to se it either in the wip forum or that finished work forum:)

0-2
06-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Sketchfiend, yup, real sorry to hear, still it was great to have you in the competition, can't wait for the final image as usual, looking forward to it. Untill then, have a good one.

duddlebug
06-21-2004, 01:56 PM
hey sketchfiend!!

Unlucky... it's a shame you couldn't be in with the judging!! I can really emapathise with you (i got my entry in with 1 minute 30 seconds remaining!!?) on the deadline, and realise it must have felt just terrible as you realised you couldn't make it.

I had quite a major crash 3 hours before the deadline and lost nearly an hour's work plus fifteen minutes with the actual crash. I was really struggling but just got it done. Although i would definitely have preferred to have another day to look at it with fresh eyes and make any changes...

I'm sure there'll be some more challenges ahead though... and next time we should probably 'pretend' the deadline is a week earlier than it actually is!!

But... like you say... it's been a great challenge and there's been some fantastic camaraderie. So it ain't all bad....?

I look forward to seeing something finished in one of the other forums...?

sketchfiend
06-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks a lot guys i appreciate the sentiments:thumbsup: , i will definately be planning much further ahead next time, and hopefully ill be in the next challenge from the start not from the middle.

I havent worked on the image since that fateful day:D but i will get back onto it tonight and chip away at it, take my time and do all the things i would have liked to do and that now i have the time, i can do.

You all definately have my vote, and not only because we are bascially comrades/friends but because i really like your style, skill, and thought that you put into your ideas. Congrats again. I wish i could share a BEER!!! with you all but with the forum upgrade they took away that particular smiley:sad:

So have a good one Guys and i will keep you updated. Thanks again, and i hope to catch you guys around.:thumbsup:

RLyons
07-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Sorry to see you run out of time. The image is really starting to look exciting, the colours are fantastic.

Make sure you post the final sometime on this site.

Good luck with whatever industry you are lending your skills to.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.