PDA

View Full Version : character: remembering gwen stacy

francis001
05-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I am freakin *buried* in freelance work right now, but I had to take a few hours and work on something for myself. This is a piece that's sort of a tribute to a character in the Spider-man comic book universe who was killed way back in the 70s (I think). One of the few deaths in comics (at least as far as I know) that is permanent.

http://www.teamgt.com/gallery/albums/illustration/spidey_gwen.jpg

sypherr
05-17-2004, 09:41 PM
I think this would look really good as a cover for a comic or book as the space above needs filling

Man
05-18-2004, 02:28 AM
looks really really awesome

nothing to critic but his ankle, it seems to be broken:eek:

Psotek
05-18-2004, 08:33 AM
it seems to be broken

I agree. Make him balancing on the ball of his foot rather than placing his whole foot on the ground. It will be alot more convincing and give him that extra bit of "weight".

-Bartosz

Freever
05-18-2004, 10:13 AM
a little more turning on the chest and adding the left leg and arm would help on Spiderman.

hmmm... I know your work.. and think you could take another pass at Spiderman and rotate his body a little to be more dynamic like all your other pieces on your site....

Congratulations Francis on all your new publications.... I saw another image will be in the expose... great job... inspiring as always.

Riddick
05-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Apparently you do not have a great deal of time to make this kind of thing.
I hope that you will have the occasion to worry more on this illustration a little later.
I like at least the atmosphere of tints and lights, a lot, this dress so white.
It is very beautiful.
However you maybe can be to worry more in the stylisation.

francis001
05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey peeps, thanks for the comments. I got a lot of comments about the same couple of things, so I went back to address some of the strange anatomy elements..

Probably spent enough time on this one, so I will move on after this, but again thanks for the objective eyes everyone.

http://www.teamgt.com/gallery/albums/illustration/spidey_gwen_02.jpg

wille
05-19-2004, 09:58 AM
great picture, love the colours, ive never really liked the small eyes on spiderman..but thats up to the artist;)

oh and her death wasnt _really_ permanent if you count the clones of her that were made:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.