PDA

View Full Version : reference pictures/sketches

DaBigSleep
05-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi, I just startet to exercice myself in polygon modelling. I have to admit that I'm not a good drawer and so I searched the web to find some pictures/sketches (that shows the object from different views - front, top, side)that I can use as reference to start with modelling. But I haven't found anything.

Can anybody tell me where I can find such picz or is ther anybody who would share some of his own sketches

T0BER
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
http://www.suurland.com/

This is a good site for orthographic views of (blueprints section). Trying to model a car is a good way of teaching yourself to model.

It makes it easier if you let people know what application you are modelling in and any object in particular you want reference for.

All the best. :)

JabzX
05-17-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm not the best drawer either, but I reccomend simple image searches for the more common objects to model. I do reccomend the blueprint sites to help with modeling cars, jets, and the like. I strongly reccomend that you get comfy with hand drawings. Your own drawings have your own style with them, and I know your modeling skill will inprove with your drawing skill. If you're dedicated in your craft and start practicing, you will quickly be surprised at how good at drawing you can be.

Thats just me tho...

:thumbsup: Good luck!

DavidT
05-18-2004, 08:49 AM
JabzX is right, I never considered myself much of an artist (still don't!) but if you use your own reference you will be surprised at how much of your own style can come through and you will have an original model.

DaBigSleep
05-18-2004, 09:17 PM
thanx for your help guys! This site www.surrland.com helped me a lot.

By the way I use 3ds max 6

JabzX
05-19-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm a max user too, what modeling method(s) do you use?

DaBigSleep
05-19-2004, 09:16 AM
> JabzX

til now I did most of my projects by boxmodeling. But like I said in my post I wanna teach myself the polymodeling now

JabzX
05-21-2004, 03:33 AM
Hmmm..
I also started all my projects from boxes also, but recenty stoped using editmesh and went to editable poly. My projects still mostly start from a box however...

Whats the difference between your box method and your goal?

DaBigSleep
05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Don't know yet. I guess you have more possibility when you are using blueprints as references. I just want to learn it first, then I could maybe tell you where exactly the advantage s are

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.