PDA

View Full Version : Joe Alter for 3dsmax:D

dutch
07-16-2002, 06:33 PM
"Shave and a Haircut" is a hair grooming, dynamics, and rendering system originally developed to create photorealistic hair for characters, animals, and people. Along the way, "Shave" has acquired new features which extend its capabilities to leaves, grass, and other highly complex organic systems. Easily the first package of it's kind, "Shave" has been heralded as not only the most powerful hair creation package in the industry, but also the easiest to use.
"I've always been very impressed with the quality of Shave's hair and I know the max community is going to be thrilled with how quick and easy it is to create realistic hair and fur," says Scott Kirvan, CEO of SplutterFish.

"I was surprised how easy Shave was to figure out with no documentation, or previous experience using it. It's all logically laid out, and fast to get used to," says Chris Pember, animator and Shave beta tester. "The interactivity is incredible--to be able to drag your object around the viewport and see the hair dynamics virtually in realtime is amazing, and makes tweaking the various settings MUCH faster for animators. I can comb hair, scale, cut, etc. without having to play with splines. Also, the option for deep shadows is very, very cool and adds a nice touch of realism, which, by the way, is NO problem for Shave."

Availability

Shave and a Haircut for 3dsmax is scheduled for release in Q4 of 2002. Licensing will include free network-rendering. Specific release date, pricing and distribution details will be announced closer to release.

About SplutterFish

SplutterFish LLC is a Venice, California-based software provider of high-end, efficient, and cost-effective 3D rendering tools. The company develops solutions focused towards the needs of production professionals working in the film, broadcast, architectural and product visualization, design engineering, 3D cartoon style animation, and CG research industries. SplutterFish's flagship product, the Brazil Rendering System is a fully integrated rendering suite, initially available for the 3ds max platform. SplutterFish is also preparing a 2002 release of Joe Alter's, "Shave and a Haircut" for 3ds max, one of the most sophisticated hair/fur creation packages in the industry.

http://www.splutterfish.com

About Joe Alter Inc.

Joe Alter, Inc. is a software and original content creation corporation located in Los Angeles.

http://www.joealter.com

Company Contact:

Vicky-Gray Clark/Connie Jacobs
press@splutterfish.com

urgaffel
07-16-2002, 08:31 PM
And it will be displayed at Siggraph, and I will be there! W00t! :)

Equinoxx
07-16-2002, 10:21 PM
and I won't damned :cry:

but truly good news hehe

xynaria
07-17-2002, 01:38 AM
LOL Max first at the finishing line...as per usual :p

GRMac13
07-17-2002, 06:28 AM
I'm confused. At last year's siggraph in LA, the JoeAlter booth guy told me that Shave and a Haircut was compatible with max. Now, what is this new announcement? The demo I got from the booth was a stand-alone app. will this new one be a plug-in that works directly in max? If not, was this dude just BSing me? (Obviously I never tried the demo, and now I can't find it in my pig-sty of a room. DAMN, I need to clean this PLACE!!)

xzevlin
07-17-2002, 08:23 AM
I think it worked with Max if you had Renderman, since Shave Extreme was created to be Renderman compatible, so he wasn't lying to you, just not telling you the whole story. Now it'll be a max plugin that works with (I hope) any Max renderer.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.