PDA

View Full Version : newb q: how to increase poly count?

niner911
05-14-2004, 10:07 PM
i've created a sphere with default settings in lw8. once i pressed "enter", the object is set. how do i then go back to the sphere and increase its segments and sides?

thanks.

LittleFenris
05-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Several ways to increase geometry. One way is selecting the ball and hitting TAB to subD it, then Freeze the object. Depending on what your subdivision level is set to in Modeler will determine how many polys it adds. (not sure if subD levl is in general options or display options) The other way is to add more polys only in the places you need it by using the Bandsaw tool. Probably even more ways, I just can't think of them right now. Those are both ways of adding polys w/o effecting the objects shape.

SplineGod
05-15-2004, 01:49 AM
You can also hit shift D (Subdivide) and do it that way. :)

KillMe
05-15-2004, 02:53 AM
or think ahead and put the number of segments you want in when you create the sphere in the numeric panel :D

thx1138
05-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Modeler doesn't use a stack/history or non-lineair workflow, like you get in some apps. Once you created the ball, you have to manually add geometry if you want more poly's. Subd and freezing being the best ways. But you cannot go back to the settings you used when creating the ball, and change them (aside from your basic Undo). Hope this explains it a bit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.