PDA

View Full Version : Fur Help Please

Branko
05-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Hello, I'm trying to attatch a fur description onto my character, problem is that when I attatch the description it's not evenly distributed. As you can see, there are clumps in certain areas and absolutly nothing in other areas.

Is this dues to the geometry of the character?
Where there is more complexity there is more fur?
I am working with polygons, and have nothing else attatched to the figure. Is there anyway to distribute the fur out freely. I know about masking/baking it, but damn i wish i could just draw it on ;p !

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks you.

Rotary7
05-16-2004, 06:48 PM
in order for fur to work on poly's, you need a good UV layout.

Branko
05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Thank you Rotery

M.E.L.
05-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Check your UV layout but also make sure that you are checking that your normals are pointing in the right direction (they should be pointing away from the character in order for the fur to work correctly and space itself accordingly). Make sure that everything is in order there and also work with I believe the 'Spread' Attribute (been a while since I have had to touch fur) that should help even out the fur displacement a bit as well.

Cheers,

Shawn :buttrock:

Branko
05-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Much Appreciated, Thanks.

-rasdasa

kiaran
05-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Use Joe Alter's Shave and a Haircut. It's only $299 and it will distribute the fur evenly regardless of varying mesh density or UV layout. I think it's better in almost every way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.