PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Features

Krix
05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Hi Guys!

Is any list out there about the experimental features/Lightwave version. I have LW6.5 and it would be great to know what features I enable when I press CTRL+Shift+F1.

Thanks in advance!

Krix

jabbermike
05-14-2004, 06:44 PM
go to flay.com and search for "experimental features". some are listed but not many :(

an extra in a deep link: http://www.flay.com/getnewsdetail.cfm?ID=328

regards
mike

Krix
05-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah...I've tried that.

The final (not beta) software contains them. So actually it could effects to our work. I think it should be a public information.

Para
05-14-2004, 08:11 PM
LW8 experimental features were discussed yesterday and since the CGTalk got hacked, here's what I managed to summarize:

You enable/disable experimental features by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F1. In LW8 following things for OpenGL will be enabled:

Support for Obejct- Dissolve, Additive texture- blending in transparency- channel, Multiply texture- blending in Colorchannel and the alpha- portion of a 32 bit colortexture is automatically used for transparency (in OpenGL only).

If people can remember what they've been talking during last week, please repost, otherwise we have lost a huge amount of valuable information.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.