PDA

View Full Version : darksim shaders

psv
05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
hi guys, i have some problems whith the DARKSIM shaders for max 6...does anybody have been used those dark tree , simbiont and so on ...plugins comming from DARKSIM........
i`ve tried to follow exactly their instructions...but all i can see in material editorand render it`s a black rendering window.....thx

treed
05-05-2004, 10:16 PM
What renderer are you trying to render the shaders with?

psv
05-05-2004, 10:48 PM
mental ray +max6

Daimyo
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I don't know about other people, but when something is not working, I try several other things. When nothing else works, I ask.
I used Darksim, It was outstanding, in my view. I used the Defaul Scanline Renderer. The only problem was that renders slowly and extremely slow.

And something interresting: Open a Darksim shader file with notepad.(What am I talking about...I suppose you already knew that...)

Pixero
06-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Have you set the environment variable correct?

TIWDTE_COMPONENTS

C:\Program Files\DarkSim\Components\

francescaluce
06-08-2004, 02:21 PM
for darktree.. generally on mr.. if you use distributed renderings.. you have to have the mats on the same mapped drive for each host.. and flush the mr cache each time you update the mat in darktree.. coz the slaves will follows the last cached result..

and don't try to use the classic max simbiont to work with mr.. you have the apposite mr plugin on darksim site.. to use with max.

anyway until max support both you can just render with the scanline and then composite.. the other scene params should be left identical..

my two cents.

ciao
francesca

ps::

ehy.. pixero.. you're everywhere.. I catch you on xsi forum also.. to say nothing to maya rendering threads..

oh.. so sorry but no way for our little thing( ;) ).. to work on maya.. it's really strange.. I'm going to see what are the entry points for that dll.. coz on xsi is working great.. I'm finishing right now the porting.. but maya 'pretends' itself (instead to leave the work only to mr) to parse the dll and get weird errors.

Pixero
06-08-2004, 03:45 PM
francesca, lol.
Well the MR forum world is small you know...
and Maya is home base.

About our "thing" it is weird. And sad if it doesnt work.
I dont suppose you could ask Alias how Maya handles MR dlls?
Maybe they can shed some light. Just a thought.
Good luck though!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Pixero
francesca, lol.
Well the MR forum world is small you know...
and Maya is home base.
Where do you get your information? For one thing Discreet/Autodesk have been working with Mental Images since 1997*, 5 years before MR was added to Maya. And I don't know your source but I have seen all the hacks that you had to use in Maya 5 to get Maya and MR to play nicely (I have no experience with Maya 6 so have no idea how well its integrated now). If you are a looking for a home base try Avid/Softimage as they have the tightest integration of MR out of all the Mental Images OEMs.

*Source: http://www.mentalimages.com/1_3_2_autodesk/index.html

Pixero
06-08-2004, 06:58 PM
I only meant that Maya is my main app and therefore I post more on that forum.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.