PDA

View Full Version : PAL D1 Widescreen format rendering. How?

antongranik
07-15-2002, 08:20 PM
First of all hi everybody and have a reeeel... nice day! :D
Just another stupid question but I'm self-learning. When I render to the PAL D1 Widescreen format it renders me a square picture with the widescreen pixel ratio and thus the picture looks stretched up. But I need widescreen format so how much should I scale down (in Avter FX) it's height to get real widescreen format? Thanks a lot!

anthonymcgrath
07-19-2002, 12:59 PM
reet, I did a post on creative cow on this one! but its been taken off now so here goes:

MAYA
-select cam, switch resolution gate on.
-render globals - 720x576
-device aspect ratio - 1.77 (or 1.778 if you want)

render.
this will squash the widescreen resolution gate into a 720x576
image.

AFX
-new comp at 1024x576
-import animation and drop into comp
-scale up to 1024x576

your anim will have returned to the correct aspect ratio.

you can supply this 720x576 1.778 animation from maya to the client and they should be chuffed as it will import into their shoddy nonlinear editing systems and they should be fine!
---------------------------------

hope this helps.
if your having probs post a pic and I'll have a snoot!

cheers
ant
mm

antongranik
07-19-2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks a lot for this explanation! Just one question is remained: at which Pixel Aspect Ratio I should make the comp in AFX? Thanks again a lot!

p.s. I think I didn't get the phrase about a chuffed client. What kind of a client it is? I didn't get a translation of this word and this way didn't get the picture of the whole sentence. But this is optional and don't answer if you don't want to...
:D

anthonymcgrath
07-19-2002, 10:02 PM
hehehe! 'chuffed' simply means 'pleased' ..sorry bout that!

keep your pix aspect square in afx and make sure when the file is imported that it is square pix ratio (click on file in proj. import window and ctrl+f)

hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.