PDA

View Full Version : rendering out wireframes...

=kz=
07-15-2002, 05:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a nicer way of getting wireframe renders out of XSI other then using capture with hiddenline removal.. :surprised
Any ideas???

Atyss
07-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Check out this tutorial:

http://www.stephanedube.com/images/system/tutorials/Toon_wireframe.pdf

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

=kz=
07-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Hey thats great!
Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

:beer:

EdHarriss
07-17-2002, 02:07 PM
There is also a wireframe shader on my site (Look in Plugins>XSI>Shaders) if you'd like to try that too.

=kz=
07-18-2002, 01:37 AM
Thanks Ed!
I'll give it a try.. I had a problem with the wireframe tutorial intially posted. It renders out triangles when I apply it to detailed geomoetry, I thought it might have something to do with the merge coplanar option but it didn't seem to make a difference. However if I apply it to a simple sphere like the tutorial it renders fine so i'm not too sure whats happening..
Any ideas?

EdHarriss
07-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Mwege Coplanar should fix that problem. I don't know why it does not. Could be a bug. Prehaps you should send the scene to support. They are always helpful when stuff like that happens.

dube911
07-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Actually your right it is a bug, everything works fine on a sphere but if you take for exemple a face (facemaker) it will render out all the tesselation from that object, I will try and update my website with the information that support provided me with, I hope this will be fix in XSI 3.0. or better yet maybe in XSI 3.0 there will be a render wireframe output! :)

cheers
.stef
www.stephanedube.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.