PDA

View Full Version : Right or Left?

Morganism
05-04-2004, 04:24 AM
for whatever reason, I usually end up modelling the left side of a character, and mirroring the right. Maybe because I'm right handed, I don't know. Anyway, I'm thinking about switching, since it seems to me that in almost ever illustration in every anatomy book I own it's the right side of the body that is depicted. :shrug:
I guess I'll just try to get used to modelling on the other side, because I guess it's better than trying to flip all these illustrations around in my head.

vef
05-04-2004, 05:41 AM
hmmmm, I am rght handed and model the right side for most works... though if the model is facing me, I guess I am actualy modeling the left side even though it is on the right side of the screen ;) :D

Morganism
05-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Yeah, that's what I mean, it's the right side of the screen when the character is facing you, but actually the characters left side.

lricho
05-04-2004, 02:21 PM
other way around for me, even though i'm right handed.

osamu
05-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm right handed first, but for years I tried to do lots of work with my left hand, now both works ok. when I begin modeling last year, I always model the right screen side, but I'm using max, the default shortcut for side viewport is the left side 'L'. then I changed my habit.Now model the left screen side .:drool:

SpeccySteve
05-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Does it matter?

I'm a left handed dude, I play a "right handed " guitar, just go with whatever works..?

You're going to mirror the geometry anyway surely?

:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.