PDA

View Full Version : Can I save...

KaB
05-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey guys I been reading over the FAQ on XSI Base and also searching on this forum but have not found an answer to my question yet. So I figured I would ask and see if anyone can help me.

My question is how do you save preferences in XSI? What I mean is, how do you say resize the explorer and exit XSI, then open it and it kept the last window size of the explorer? Also, say you want to always show wireframes on unselected objects. How do you set it were XSI will always keep that setting on?

Here is something else alsoÖ

I am coming from Maya so itís a bit strange not having my keyframes marked in my timeline. Is there anyway to switch that on?

Thx for the help!

JDex
05-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I setup a scene with all of "my" desired, beginning settings and save it to the project directory as Default.scn

Then I open that when beginning a new scene.

KaB
05-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Thatís a pretty good way of doing it, is there no other way of saving the setting?

Iysun
05-05-2004, 05:21 PM
for saving the size of your explorer. or if you want to keep custum tool bars or whatever up everytime you load xsi, just goto layout > edit layout, then set up your ui like you want it, then again goto layout > edit layout, and it should prompt you to save your new layout.

as for keeping wireframe on unselected on, once you have it set to show unslected, it should stay like that for your scene everytime you load it, I dont believe there is a global setting for all your scenes though, but i could be wrong.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.