PDA

View Full Version : Mad Scientist

BgDM
05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Posted over at Finished Work forum here:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141749

Done for the Weekend Challenge over at elysiun. Let me know what you think.

BgDM

Zenitor
05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
very nice, great work on the zippedup head, only crit: the background looks a bit flat....

bbirras
05-04-2004, 04:32 AM
cool ..i like the idea !
now the hard part: critics!..:
itīs the hair...i mean in this forum there are peaple using professional apps smiling and thinking: blender?..look at that hair....(thats what i had spontanously in mind)
anyway....itīs cool and weīll have to find our workrounds to achieve good looking hair in blender..itīs the hard part
unfortunately there areīnt many posibilitys(yet)..static particles/beast(alpha-beta)/fiber-script(beta)...what else?
did i leave something out?
i mean there are ways to tweak somehow good looking hair one way or the other....so i would have liked to see it in your pic
donīt take it like that::wip:
:beer:

Apollux
05-04-2004, 06:22 AM
If anyone ever finds a way of doing really good looking hair in Blender, PLEASE, let me know!!

(... I believe that appart from 3D Max and Maya Fur, all the other apps are pretty much in the same spot when it comes to hair).

BDgM... I know that the smile is supposed to be an important piece of the image... but come on!!! that's way beyond I had in mind when reading the history.

And what are those things over the heads?

Lighthing could be improved a little, something more dramatic maybe? like a redish area-light from bellow or something?

Just my $0.99 :p

Apollux
05-04-2004, 06:25 AM
BTW, the theeth are top quallity, but modeling and texturing !! :applause:

BgDM
05-04-2004, 02:25 PM
bbirras: Thanks for the comment. I know about the hair and I totally agree with you. But, as you have stated, there is really no good way to make hair in Blender. There are workarounds and I have tried them, but still with very poor results.

Appolux: Thanks man. Those are just some bottles and flasks on the shelves above the heads. Nothing special. I agree about the lighting, buit with AO it was taking long enough to render as is, so I was not going to play with it any more. Plus, it was just for the Weekend Challenge, so I did not go full out on this one.

Thanks again for the comments guys.

BgDM

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.