PDA

View Full Version : Digital Domain NUKE steps in for Nothing Real SHAKE

Grey
07-15-2002, 03:43 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollywoodreporter/convergence/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1540884

Looks like Digital Domain is making no bones about Nothing Real's vaccuum effect...

Luke Werhli
07-15-2002, 12:09 PM
Thatīs great, thanks for the news!!!1

Grey
07-15-2002, 05:35 PM
It's interesting that I think about four people predicted something like this would happen in the thread about Mac'N'Shake (I wasn't one of them)...

what's moreso is that it happened so quicly...

Nando
07-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Ya that is great, Ive heard from locals they are very interested as a replacement for Shake on NT and the fact that it works well if the Infernos is another plus ;)

moovieboy
07-17-2002, 05:17 AM
Well, good for DD and compositors!

I hope this calms some of the folks who have been so furious over the Shake shift...

-Tom

Milho
07-17-2002, 03:41 PM
It was just a matter of time that the gap which rayz and shake left would be filled.

A new game and new chances, let's see what is going to happen next :applause:

Ckerr812
07-20-2002, 06:40 PM
This is great news indeed, I love shake, it's such a nice easy layout with the noodle system :) I hope this one is like that too!

KayosIII
07-24-2002, 01:47 AM
I guess the old addage applies....

Want to know how important in the scheme of things you are.... put your hand in a bucket of water..... take it out..... How big is the hole left?

beaker
07-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that DD didnt even have a booth at siggraph and they didnt announce Nuke. I believe the Hollywood Reporter jumped the gun on this one. I am guessing we wont have it as a product till NAB next year. Apple only aquired NR and SGrail only a few months ago. That is a really short time to turn around a product from a in house tool into a shipping product for the public. It usually takes atleast a year for something like this to happen. You have to write manuals and hire support staff and get marketing and sales people together for something like this. Setting up a software company doesn't happen overnight.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.