05-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Hello everybody this is my first time at here :drool:

This is
a mermaid for CG & illustrations book with Photoshop CS

http://www.thai.net/auruster/images5/mm05.jpg

Thanks for comments

perfecti
05-03-2004, 12:09 AM
...can't understand why only 12 views ..(at this moment) i think work done very good ... mermaid and dolphin looks very 3d ... ..background ... ...maybe too simple ..and maybe something with lightning .... too bright ..?:shrug:

jearley
05-03-2004, 02:06 AM
:eek: ooooooo! very nice! the colors are very cool. i especially like how you madew her really stands out with the warmer colors. that's a very cool pose and cool environment. couple comments, her tail/fin seems to angle a little too sharply instead of making a nice smooth curve. the sharp angle may have been your intention, but personally, it's a tad bit distracting. also, i would add a little more detail or texture to the background, such as the plateau. it looks cool, but the textures/details are somewhat inconsistant. if your intent is to have a less detailed background as to not distract the viewer from the main character, i would simply blur the background or add some kind of sea particle noise. right now it just looks unfinished. are any parts of this image imported? if not, you are very very good, and if so, you are still very good. i don't mean to go on too long critiquing since you are a much better artist than me, but those were just my thought on it. great job! :applause: :beer: :buttrock:

shehrevar
05-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey auruster, could it be I have seen works from you over at gfxartist.com?

I think you did some very nice work with this piece...only crit I have is that the dolphin looks somewhat different than the rest of the picture...I mean, it looks like you used a different style on him...

Very nice use of colors :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.