PDA

View Full Version : Illustration: Soccer

XavierG
04-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Hey all:
Lately I havent had time to finish most of my mayor pictures (school projects are eating my brain).. but since Im kinda new here Id like for people to get used for my work.
This illustration was done about a year ago, Im a big soccer fan so I wanted to grasp the sense of magnitude I feel for the sport.. the anatomical flaws now make me cringe, but this pic still figures as some of my best work.. so yeah :wavey:
Any sort of comments are welcome!

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/Soccer.jpg

shehrevar
04-30-2004, 11:13 PM
altough the anatomy isn't right (like you mentioned), I do kind of like it... Probably because of all the details. The only thing that really disturbs me is the way you drawed the middle figure his head. There is something very wrong with his nose...
I like the expression of the keeper... It is like he is screaming "N000OOOOooooo..." in slow-motion.

If you would correct the face of the middle guy, maybe correct some other things, and give the drawing the colors it needs, then this could become a very amuzing piece.

specs44
05-01-2004, 07:07 AM
its a cool looking peice there does seem to be some anatomy issues. i like the perspective u choose, it fits perfect. the details are a blessing and a curse, the details kind of drown the main figures a bit. if color or ink cerain parts that could fix that so it doesn't drown out the main figures

Evilandrea
05-01-2004, 09:23 AM
The anatomy errors don't actually hurt the picture they give it a less clinical feel.

However The detail of the crowd is outstanding, its nice sometimes when the background has more detail than the fore ground.

Adding colour could be an idea, but it would be a real gamble, as it would either make the picture better or with the level of detail it would be just too much and you'd lose the feel of the piece

perfecti
05-01-2004, 11:31 AM
..if don't mind on anatomy and scetch looking ... that will be great pic ....very nice angle .... amazing details ... i like expression ... so many ..so different ..!:bounce:

XavierG
05-04-2004, 01:56 AM
hey thanks :), I agree on the guys face being weird.. what i wanted was for him to be exhaling and his lips to kinda stay behind (but of course, he ended up looking messed up :P )
But yeah, if anything the crowd is the seller....hahaha, man i hope i dont have to draw that many people again in a regular basis

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.