PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy type character

karl
04-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi, I just completed this as one of the drawings for my final project at uni. I am making this character in maya, but the textures arent finished yet so i will post that later.

However let me know what u think of this,

Cheers

Karl

http://www.deltabluehost.com/Karls/guypose4 copy.jpg

shehrevar
04-30-2004, 11:18 AM
pic doesn't show up...

karl
04-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Should be sorted now :)

shehrevar
04-30-2004, 03:36 PM
yup, it's back...

hmm...The character seems a little flat and on some places a little rectangular, just try adding more volume. I would also add some more detail to the clothes...
The shadow on the ground is just a little too light i guess...
I like his hair though!
When I look at it, it just doesn't seem finished yet...spend more time on it and it will get better...:thumbsup:

sypherr
04-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Hmm few critz

Anatomy - His shape needs to go in at the waist more, because at the moment he looks kind of chubby :P

Hair - Redo his hair strand by strand (follow a tutorial if u get stuck)

Sword - The sword seems to disappear when it goes behind his back. Also if the sword holder is on his back draw a little bit sticking out to show its feasible

Face - Add alot more darker shadows to the neck and hair line where we wouldnt see light.

Folds - You have alot of folds in the clothes altho this is very good it needs alot more lighting, at the moment you have just a few pixels of highlights on the folds it needs to be alot broader and fade into the base colour of the cloth.

Sky - The depth of the sky seems to be quite flat, I'd suggest making it darker the further back it goes to give him a better atmosphere

Grass - I can see the effort you have put in but it needs more highlights and shades, just build them up.

Sorry if i sound a little harsh but if its part of your final project you will want them the best you can get

karl
04-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks to you both especially you sypher, thats the sort of thing i need to know.

I will try and work on those points and post it up soon,

Any more suggestions will greatly be appreciated

Karl

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.