PDA

View Full Version : Lea

Feeblepenguin
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/feeblepenguin/Lea.jpg

Hey everyone, here is my newest photoshop painting
tell me what you think
as always i welcome harsh criticism and any suggestions on how to improve the piece
thanks
Ali

*as a side note, i named her Lea because it also means grassy medow, wich was was what i was abstracting when painting the background

shehrevar
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Well...I don't really know what to think about this...
In one way I like it a lot. The colors and the drawing are special, but nice to the eye to look at. I also think it is very dynamic. The way you tried to mix abstract forms with more concrete forms is also interesting...
But on the other hand, while looking at it, I get this feeling of it not being totally finished...
I don't know, I just think you have an interesting style...

XavierG
04-29-2004, 10:09 PM
very sexy and with an awesome sense of speed! What i really dislike is her.. well, her pose, she seems like someone with no soul or ineterest in what shes doing. Technically awesome though! :D

JMendes
04-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Only one thing really bothering me! That red "floor" or what ever it is, could get some more detail! It kinda of turns me off the pic looking at it!
Great texture and coloring work!

Flatuloso
04-30-2004, 02:58 AM
I really like your style, the stroke of the brush showing through makes for a very cool effect. It gives the picture a whole lot of motion regardless of what it is.

That's kind of the problem with girl's pose - she is extremely stiff on the bike. Never have a person's line of motion just going straight up and down if you want to insinuate speed. You can go either way, have her hunched towards the machine, giving her a fierce look of concentration. Alternately, you could have her arched back, as if the thing she's riding is going so fast she can barely hold on. Right now, the girl is just sitting straight up, it makes it look like she's having a job interview. I also have no idea what those red things are in the foreground. They look sort of like a low wall, due to the fact they overlap the bike a bit at the bottom. If that's the case, it looks as if she's going to run right into it. Maybe clear up what that is on the bottom of the page. The last thing I've noticed is her 'shirt'. The fabric looks like it's just hanging there, maybe have the bottom pieces that are hanging be pulled in the appropriate direction (like the cape on her back)?

I love the costume, especially the helmet/headdress she's wearing. The chariot she's riding is also really neat, conceptually. Good job!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.