PDA

View Full Version : Blender 2.33 is just days away!!!

Apollux
04-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Some of the new features on B 2.33 :

* Game Engine (yes!, I'm not dilusional) :p
* Particle Deflection and Gravity
* Revamped Effects Panel for the new particle stuff.
* New procedural shaders (there are already for pre-view at the gallery on www.blender.org)
* Oclusion Shading for rendering.
* Most of Python 2.3 included within Blender itself.

BgDM
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, we can now use HDRI files in thw world texture channel with the AO lighting. Will be very cool indeed to get nice reflections and the AO takes a little bit of the HDRI file for lighting too.

I guess this means we can now export HDRI to the YAFray xml file straight from Blender as well.

BgDM

Dasleah
04-29-2004, 11:11 PM
I can't wait! I'm actually more excited about 2.34/2.35 - that'll be once the game engine comes back and all the refinements and new stuff for it come in (this release is more about getting the engine to work rather than improving it)
And if things like these are introduced now, imagine what we'll get in 2.40 :eek:

Last one to post a 2.33 render is a no good dirty commercial closed-source user ;) :beer:

Apollux
04-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Dasleah, actually you should have a little higher expectations for the Game Engine in 2.33.

Behind the curtains it has been re-integrated since before 2.32 and all that time was used for refinement. For example, when was the last time that in a SINGLE blender version you had the choice to pick wich game engine run your game?

... That' s right! This version allows you to pick from all the historical Game engines that has paraded on the Blender World: Sumo, Enyi, etc. etc. (at least that is what I understand)...

Anyways it is just a matter of days, it should be released over the weekend.

brkn
04-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Just a few inaccuracies to clear up...
Originally posted by Apollux
* Particle Deflection and Gravity
* Revamped Effects Panel for the new particle stuff.

This stuff is not yet quite ready and hasn't been included in the bf-blender tree (only tuhopuu) and therefore won't be in the official 2.33 release.

... That' s right! This version allows you to pick from all the historical Game engines that has paraded on the Blender World: Sumo, Enyi, etc. etc. (at least that is what I understand)...
No, it doesn't - that's tuhopuu you're thinking of as well. Only Sumo is being included in the bf-blender tree for 2.33.

You can basically see what 2.33 will be like by downloading a testing build from the Testing Builds (http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewforum&f=18) forum on blender.org. And although most significant ones are squashed, if you have any last minute bug reports, remember to mention them ASAP, otherwise they'll still be there in the release!

mankor
04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
dONT FORGET THE NEW UV TOOLS..draw shadow mesh will ease alot of hassles..and the abilty to do z/x scaling in the uv editor and the new uv calculations window..MUCH needed additions and it nice to see blender catching up:scream: :scream: o yeah the new vertex loop select and the new loop subdivide is awesome..been playing with the alpha:applause: :applause:

Apollux
04-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by brkn
This stuff is not yet quite ready and hasn't been included in the bf-blender tree (only tuhopuu) and therefore won't be in the official 2.33 release.

DAMM! I Was hopping that Leon would make it on time for the CVS freeze :hmm:

I see that he just submitted the particle stuff to the developers mail list, maybe there is still hope for it's inclusion on 2.33

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.