PDA

View Full Version : Texturing a head?

Alderian
07-14-2002, 02:50 PM
I posted a thread at wip, but i got no really good reply. So i decided to post it here.

I was wondering, after searching alot at the internet i found that there was not a single one good texturing tutorial for a head. I would like for someone to tell me an adress or tell me how to, i know how procedural textures work but... well you know, it doesnīt look realistic.

iC4
07-14-2002, 02:57 PM
do you mean a tutorial on how to make the textures for example in photoshop, or do you mean a tutorial on how to setup the uvs for the head?

if you mean the second one which software do you use?

Alderian
07-14-2002, 03:06 PM
I meen to create the texture in photoshop for an example.

P.S. I know how to make UVīs

PedramK
07-14-2002, 05:30 PM
One way is to paint the textures by hand. You should search the net for referencephotos of faces. If you have uvwmapped your
face, unwrap it save it, and start painting on it with the photoreferences as your guide. First get the basic colorations of the skin down, after that, add the poors, freckles and basic skinpatterns..oh, and dont leave out the zits ;). If your unsure of the lips, use a photo and fit it on to your map using the unwrapped map as a guide.

when youv done that, use the map you just created as base for your bumpmap. You will probably also want to do a
specularitymap. For this observe on the photos for the shiny parts of the face, around the nose, forehead and so on.

I know this is a pretty bare describtion of how to do it, and theres alot of tweaking, but hope it'll be of any use for ye. :)

ps, iv attached along a texture im working on
and heres how it looks with the maps applied (http://www.pedramk.com/images/Misc/myself_wip_014.jpg)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.