PDA

View Full Version : Illustration: Captive of Desert

Olmirad
04-29-2004, 01:33 AM
http://www.cgmill.com/olmirad/2004_108_Captive_of_Desert_V1_sml.jpg

Here's another spare-time project I’ve wasted about 10 nights or so, finished this last Friday.

Short concept idea for this image was this:
She escaped from slave traders’ harem and now she tries to find her way across the desert…

I spent most of time working on clothing designs and building atmospheric effects. Modeled and rendered in 3dsmax6. Textures and patterns + bump maps were painted in Photoshop CS.

Some notes about this render:

- Displacement + bump maps were used heavily (and heavily subdivided meshes.

- Character was skinned and posed (short animation for clothing to be able to conform properly)

- Cloth simulation was used to setup cloth fabrics in scene.

- All textures and patterns were painted in photoshop, except bone texture which i started building from old rock side photo i shot last summer...

- Diamonds were made with help of Blur Studio's great shellac material and a few environment maps.

That's about all,
*Constructive* C+C welcome!

PixelThis
04-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Very nice illustration. I love the way the all the scenery elements draw your eye to the escaped harem-girl.

A few comments... the plants(?) seem to stick out of the ground very abruptly (I would expect some sort of either buildup of sand around the base or a break in the ground that they're sticking through).
If your heroine is walking across the desert I'd expect footprints or for her feet to sink into the ground more. Also that knife looks like it's gonna get awfully heavy to carry for any length of time (and she doesn't appear to have any other way to carry it).

J-K
05-02-2004, 02:00 AM
Nice style, looks good. :thumbsup:

SpaXe
05-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Yeah, she's cool^^.:thumbsup:

But maybe she looks too clear, I mean, some fog on her can make it better^^.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.