PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy: APPLE TREE ENT

Ludovicus
04-29-2004, 12:30 AM
MY FIRST POST IN CGTALK...IīM GONNA CRY!!! :thumbsup:

100% pure ZBrush2

http://209.132.69.82/uploaded_from_zbc/200404/user_image-1083194477jrc.jpg

Itīs soooo nice to be in here with the gurus!!!

Ludovicus
04-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Cīmon guys....itīs my first one... :shrug:

Goon
04-29-2004, 04:25 PM
honestly its hard to look at. I don't mean that in a omfg that's ugly kinda way, its more that its difficult to make out and to focus on areas. It seems pretty cool, but there's a huge amount of detail in there, so much that most of it is getting lost as pixelated noise. This is particularly true with the flowers/vegetation.

Is there any way you can change the background so that it is less bright? Maybe a more nuetral tone (not black, that will kill detail just as quickly).

And maybe some close ups or a higher rez image plz?

Anyway, cool first post. You've started off well and you can only get better :thumbsup:

Ludovicus
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Thank you so much for taking some of your time to reply this!!!

And above all tanks for the 1-2-1!!

I think you got a nice point, this is VERY detailed and it "hurts" a little bit the eyes...:eek:
The main point is that I still have a lot to learn about ZBrush2 light system because this one turned out too bright.

Pjanssen
04-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I can't see the picture, 404 error...

edit: it works now. It looks nice, but it looks like it isn't shaded. Almost pixelart.... maybe too bright lighting without shadow ?

Ludovicus
04-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Pjanssen: Thatīs the point...I have shadows activated...but the light is TOO bright...well,doing wrong is a way to get better.
Thanks!:wip:

Bladestone
04-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Really nice, has a "forest" quality to it that seems realistic. Perhaps two things could help, lighting and perspective...

Lighting - Try creating patches of dark and light areas for shadow, that cover larger areas to create depth. Take any "full white" out of the bark. If the backdrop is white, make sure your objects brightest points are a very light brown or colour hue.

Perspective - The small foliage in it's own way helps it look realistic. I think though, creating varying sizes of leaves would help. Leaves closer to the cam are larger, farther away smaller. Apples also could use dark edges / depth shading.

Looks cool :)

Ludovicus
04-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Regnan: WOW!!! Really nice hints!!!!! Iīll keep all this things in mind in my next images!! Thanks a lot!!!

You are being terrific guys!!!:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.