PDA

View Full Version : texturing help, pretty please

tubby
07-14-2002, 05:35 AM
hello i was hoping that anyone who knows about texturing can give me a few pointers on this here model. i have little experience in texturing a character and i figured its about time i started to figure this out.

Antimatter
07-14-2002, 09:16 AM
that's a nice model. texture are sort of decent.

but first thing i really noted was the lips. i think what you do is basically make the lip a separe texture map. then use alpha map to just apply the lip texture map onto the lip.

i myself am not familar with face textureing but that is what ive heard around on the boards. and the eyes looks pretty good imho but i think it could use some specularity, look in some one's eye you'll note that it sort of reflect some of the background in the eye. also some uneven feature like blemish on the skin will make the character seem more real.

tubby
07-14-2002, 10:22 PM
thnx antimatter. yeah the lips look like poop. ill try your suggestion out.:) i havent touched the eyes yet(i just threw a map on there), but i will try to fix those up to. thnx for givin me input and not just ignoring me:)

PedramK
07-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi tubby
you might find some help in this thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=14107)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.