PDA

View Full Version : The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

dfaris
04-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Has anyone else been getting a lot of these messages?
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I just want to make sure its not me.

Rei Ayanami
04-28-2004, 07:24 PM
no, ive been getting quite a few, nothing more than I used to get on the old servers, but wernt we prommised no more?

good work Leo, much appreciated tho ^_^

Mibus
04-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah we know about it. It'll get fixed.

Explanation:

CGTalk is currently load-balanced across two servers - the "new" one is actually the cgnetworks.com server (which also handles alot of other stuff). We thought that this would solve our load issues - and it kinda has... the "normal" CGTalk server has an acceptable load, but alas the load on the other server spikes occasionally, especially during peak usage (like newsletters going out), and doubly so with the CGTalk usage continually growing like it is.

We're going to buy a whole new fresh server RSN, which should stop the cgnetworks.com server from getting overloaded. (It is always the cgnetworks.com server giving out the messages, not the "regular" cgtalk.com server).

FWIW the technically-inclined can use the IP 207.44.241.131 to force themselves to use the "regular" server, which would probably eliminate the trouble. (Unless too many people did it, then we'd be back at square one ;))

Mibus
05-05-2004, 04:00 AM
OK we have our fresh shiny just-installed-ten-minutes-ago server up and hosting part of CGTalk.

If you have any trouble now with "server busy" stuff, let me know! :) There's a chance it will happen while DNS propogation occurs (the load balancing uses DNS) but it should stop pretty much nowish :)

Once it's all happy, we shouldn't have any more trouble for some time now.

( did anyone note this lovely little change - "Most users ever online was 985 on 04-28-2004 at 01:58 AM" ;) )

Happy 3D Festival folks!

dfaris
05-05-2004, 04:11 AM
WOW very nice. You guys did that pretty fast. I will let you know if I see the server busy message again.

Garma
05-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mibus
( did anyone note this lovely little change - "Most users ever online was 985 on 04-28-2004 at 01:58 AM" ;) )

ey cool :beer: the previous one was from about a year ago, also april if I recall correctly.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.