PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 6800 + XSI???

dmonk
04-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Good or Bad idea?

Anyone have any clue?

Building a new rig and buying XSI foundation. DOn't want to spend so much on a quadro and I do play games occasionally when something interests me.

Sil3
04-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Since regular GeForces now available work well with XSI im not seing why the new Beast that is 6800 wont :drool:

Hydra
04-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Uh, I have a geforce fx and the colours in all bars in XSI is mixed up and often the same colour as the text. Very irritating. I guess I just have to reinstall. I have 5900 ultra btw, but I don't think 6800 would be a problem, Nvidia + XSI is a good combo (which is funny when you look at the HL2 + ati + XSI partnership, ati(radeon mostly) + XSI = baaad at the moment).

Sil3
04-29-2004, 12:41 PM
I have an old and regular GeForce Ti 4800 and at home and have no probs in XSI exp 3 or XSI HL, at work i have on my machine a FX5950 and also no probs.

StephanD
04-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by dmonk
Good or Bad idea?

Anyone have any clue?

Building a new rig and buying XSI foundation. DOn't want to spend so much on a quadro and I do play games occasionally when something interests me.

I was in the same position a few years ago,you know what,I've never been more satisfied with other hardware than 3DLabs' as far as 3d sw were concerned,games are also performing quite good with these babies plus the early/mid Wildcat series can be bought for cheap cash.

TheLostVertex
04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Being overly exposed to the gfx card scene and scared from a young age by it, I would say wait. Just wait. Ati has there new core comeing out too. I do agree Ati+XSI=suckage(first hand account on that) But there new card SHOULD not suck for opengl as bad. and as of right now the 6800 has image quality issues. you should wait for a ful review of both cards, as the drivers arent even near complete for the 6800, we cant say for sure what direction Nvidia will take with that card. As we allso cant trust Ati with there bad, evil, nasty, dirty filthy hobbit-like drivers.

Ok, I maybe a bit bitter, but you should what and check out the compitition. Wait for comparisons and reviews, always be an educated buyer. Impulse buying a 400-500 dollar card is never a good thing ;-)

ThE_JacO
04-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Hydra
Uh, I have a geforce fx and the colours in all bars in XSI is mixed up and often the same colour as the text. Very irritating. I guess I just have to reinstall. I have 5900 ultra btw, but I don't think 6800 would be a problem, Nvidia + XSI is a good combo (which is funny when you look at the HL2 + ati + XSI partnership, ati(radeon mostly) + XSI = baaad at the moment).

it's not your drivers or anything like that.
it's a windows(explorer's underlying architecture actually) problem with asian language sets.

do a search on this forum and you'll find the solution(s)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.