PDA

View Full Version : character: head (ultraviolence)

wayne@work
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
modelingtutorial to create
a head with slices ;)http://broadcaster.iws.fhg.de/roever/slice17.jpg

zedsdead
04-28-2004, 10:53 PM
looks like freddie kruger got his head chopped......not bad.....
maybe work on the render a bit, and it'll look real.....the 'brain' looks a little flat.

gjordan
04-28-2004, 11:59 PM
the brain looks flat

isnt that the point, its sliced

thats a cool render, if u had the full head u could make a series of slices, like the sliced up horse display in "the cell" and maybe do some cool animation effects like collasping the stack of glass slices on top of each other, just pitchin some ideas

Goon
04-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by gjordan
isnt that the point, its sliced

No, the point is that it looks like he used a medical image as a texture map. Even if it is sliced, the head is not solid nor entirely full. It would have variations in texture, etc. when it passes through the bone, dips, and airbubbles in the space between the brain and the skull, etc...

It looks nice, though the ear and the image are a bit sketchy.
The blood is great :thumbsup:

OMFG is that the wire they use to cut him in two with? Maybe there should be just a drop of blood on it?

wayne@work
04-29-2004, 08:11 AM
1. i used some bumpmapping 4 the slice too, but ure right, it is to flat, i will rework that.

2. yes, it is the wire , and it has blood drops on it, but those drops doesnt lokk good...

thank u

Goon
04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
oh, i thought those were beads or something. Isn't a drop of liquid on wire like that usually quite strung out and a little bit stretched downwards?

yeah. I'm not seeing the bump mapping. Maybe a specular map as well? It seems like it should be at least as shiny as the nose.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.