PDA

View Full Version : first self portrait in PS

dmxdxl
04-28-2004, 09:55 AM
first shot at drawin somethin in photoshop with a lil 3d mixed in...self portrait...

http://mars.walagata.com/w/dmxdxl/me.jpg

ezekiel
04-28-2004, 08:56 PM
r you wearing a hat in this picture. if so the position and porpotions are off. also you sould tying using different size brushes. there are some ppl out there who could tell you how to do that better but a varieing line would help bring your eyes to certain areas and to help make debth. right now some shadows could help too.

nice first try.

-zek

sypherr
04-28-2004, 09:20 PM
What kind of image were u going for? an abstract or photorealism

If the latter, then try not to use gradients but use brushes to fill the areas and build up highlights and shades. Also the areas such as nose mouth etc wouldnt need such a hard black lining. My best advice would be to experiment till you get a feel that you want.

JMendes
04-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Flat colors don't really work in this case! And the fact that you used a gradient do darken some areas ain't the best choice either! And that "object", "molecule"... what is it doing there? Is it for any purpose?
Try working more on your line, and work harder next time! Looks like you just spend half an hour doing it! Try putting more effort in your work!

Bustasnipez
04-29-2004, 08:17 AM
haha.. that last comment cracked me up.. but seriously.. do you have a big black scar across your face? jk.. check out some tutorials and learn about the tools.. practice practice...... blah blah blah...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.