PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Abandoned Powerhouse

blenergetic
04-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Hello. This is my second post on cgtalk! Yay! :p

Anyways, I just completed this image after about a month of on-and-off work. Please comment!

http://doug.mud-puddle.co.nz/albums/blenergetic/powerhouse2.jpg

vlad74
04-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I like the mood. Nice colours.:thumbsup:

JMendes
04-28-2004, 02:18 AM
Why is it the image so blurry and with so much noise? I think you could had given us a much better render than this! And I'd like to see some actual color... not just B&W, but maybe its just me!
Try working on those!

SylvanMist
04-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Images don't have to be in color to be good... I like the overall feel here, the noise adds an old dusty appearance, which I assume is what he's after and it works very well :)

The only thing I might change is to make some spots a bit darker, and add more cobwebs in the background.

BlackMage
04-28-2004, 04:09 AM
hmm.. that's not a very good crit imho:

1- The image was modeled after an old powerstation, I think the B&W gives it more feel than less.

2- also I think that the noise gives it that old look..

the B&W and the noise all add to the feel of the image.. I like it..

the spiderweb could use a tad bit of work.. but.. hey I'm not about to let a bad spiderweb ruin a great powerhouse..

keep up the good work man!

blenergetic
04-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Why is it the image so blurry and with so much noise?
Im not sure what you mean about blurry; if you mean around the door, then that was some glow added for 'mood'. Without that 'halo' type thing, that part of the image was very dull. And i don't know what you mean about 'so much noise', there is a slight amount of grain and a bit of sharpening.
I think you could had given us a much better render than this!
personally, I find this insulting. Go ahead and make suggestions, but you don't need to trash on my work. Thanks. :curious:
I like the mood. Nice colours.
Thanks! (really) :D

Frenkie
04-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi!

The concept is cool, but the realization isn't so.
More dirt, reflection and rust on the metal pipes, the cob-web is not real, so you should work with it a little more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.