PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: keep on trucken

cpo
04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Here is a truck I have been working on. I'm thinking about moving on to something else. Any thoughts to what to add or change?
Was created with Maya/Poly/Photo...

http://www.cpoconnell.com/images/3truckWorkA.jpg

EdHarriss
04-28-2004, 01:47 AM
It look pretty good. Very nice model. I wish the image was bigger so we could see some more of the details.

Rodi
04-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Agree with EdHarriss, and also the shadows under the truck look kinda fake

AndreasMartin
04-28-2004, 08:00 AM
this looks realy interesting.

please post some detail shots.
did u used blueprints for this truck and do u plan a trailer too?

Crea

cpo
04-28-2004, 02:20 PM
yea, I will try and render out a larger image to see the detail better. No, no blue prints or specific measurements. Just winged it as far as the style, and look of the truck. Thanks for the replys and will post that image asap.

cpo

tomaa
04-28-2004, 10:08 PM
How long does it take to render this?

and yeah post some more bigger pics and maybe some wire, it looks great to me as an amateur

cpo
04-29-2004, 09:03 PM
OK, here is the bigger pic of the truck. I noticed some texturing issues that I didnt like so I did a little more tweeking with the textures. Let me know your thoughts

Also, it renders pretty quick, using the global illumination cheat.

http://www.cpoconnell.com/images/truckBigA.jpg

PS. Checked out your(EdHarriss) images/work on Ed Harriss.com and thought they looked kick ars/great. The book looks interesting too.

Here is a truck I have been working on. I'm thinking about moving on to something else. Any thoughts to what to add or change?
Was created with Maya/Poly/Photo...

http://www.cpoconnell.com/images/3truckWorkA.jpg

tomaa
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
The tires are for me little too bright, but that's only my personal opinion, I would make them more dark and more black...

and yeah, nice interior would be cool, big steeringwheel maybe something hangig over the rearmiror and so on...

AndreasMartin
04-30-2004, 11:19 AM
I realy like the larger render.
IMHO the wheels have little to much specularity and also they are not dark enough, but overall it is a cool truck.

what about a trailer for the truck, maybe with some old scarped cars on it :)

Crea

R3Koil
04-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Great model. :thumbsup:

I've always contemplated modelling a truck, I'm sure I'll do it soon enough.

cpo
04-30-2004, 02:21 PM
tanx for all the feed back and I agree about the tires. I love the idea of the trailer towing older junk yard cars. I think im going to use it if you dont mind.

tanx again.

cpo

AndreasMartin
04-30-2004, 04:05 PM
:beer: nice that u like the idea, would be very nice to see such an image.
Did you thought about compositing the truck in a real world picture?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.