PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Fausto De Martini

Pages : 1 [2]

PedroToledo
06-19-2004, 05:04 AM
Pô, sinto muito por isso.

Você fez um modelo realmente impressionante. Que pena que não deu para terminar no prazo.

Parabéns!

[]'s

Pentagramma
06-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Moderators, please!
Look at this entry - it´s obviously one of the winners of the challenge. I can´t believe it´ll be left out because of ten minutes!! :surprised

Heber
06-19-2004, 07:06 AM
fausto your modeling kicks so much ass! as a modeler myself i look up to your work and it inspires me to better myself...thank you...i enjoy this piece very much.. best of luck to you sir

ZeroNeuro
06-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Honestly. If Fausto is not allowed to use this as an entry because he was off the deadline by 10 minutes I'll just say the contest was sad... whatever. Hehhe and I am sure the 'winner' will always know and hear "You only won on a technicality"

If, indeed Fausto De Martini is not allowed into the final voting selection I simply will not vote. I will recuse myself from the voting, and mentally vote for the best image. His. Its really as simple as that. With a worldwide artist base limiting the contest to one time zone is pretty foolish. All international contests should be judged by the international date line. Not GMT.

So, congratulations Fausto. You won. And I will always believe that. Regardless of whatever anyone else tells me.

Cheers

VictorMartins
06-19-2004, 07:31 AM
I just can't believe :cry: :cry:
Please someone try to talk with the moderators, like 10 min is nothing for such a great job!

Fausto you really kicked ass!

-----

Fausto muitos parabens, fizes-te mais uma vez um exelente trabalho, és uma inspiração para todos nós.

Não sei e reparaste lá atrás, mas será que me podias explicar o processo para fazer o uv mapping de uma personagem tão complexa?

Obrigado e continua! :applause: :applause: :applause:

GavinG
06-19-2004, 07:31 AM
10 minutes? that's criminal...

harnelbe
06-19-2004, 07:44 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock:
This piece kick ass !!!
There are textures or over painted effects ?
I ask that because i thought to do it also, it would be a good solution to finish my C.G. with a great render.
BTW Fausto you are a very good exemple for me of very impressive skills, i hop one day to reach your level.
Cu .

Hyndra7
06-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Great Job Fausto!

I'm very sad to hear that you could not deliver this by ten freaking minutes...

Bom na boa agora vai ter muita gente que vai anular voto pois o vencedor não conseguiu terminar... muito bom o resultado!

Sinceramente Parabens!

DimitrisLiatsos
06-19-2004, 09:16 AM
I don't know if it means much to u but for me U ARE AMONGST THE WINNERS....truly inspiring work...tremendous attention to detail...great anatomy...and beautiful texturing and in concept of the challenge.

I hope i will see u again in a challenge 'cuase from i what i have seen we can learn much from your work.

Be well man and always amaze us with your work!

Regards
Dimitris!

:applause: :applause:

snarl
06-19-2004, 09:29 AM
ahh fausto .. I am still sad that you didn`t finish in time :(

you could have saved ten minutes before or ? what was so
important to miss the deadline by 10 minutes ???

even the last version would have been by far enough when I
see what others do to cross the finish line ...

:shrug: sad
Ingo

jddog
06-19-2004, 09:33 AM
S***...for the 10 min... but you did a remarcable work, absolutely stunnig !!!

:bowdown:

jdd :applause:

gjpetch
06-19-2004, 10:00 AM
The work IS more important than the prize, or the contest; and what you have come up with is an outstanding work. Regardless, very sad that you didn't make the deadline, especially by such a painfully short amount of time!

ilasolomon
06-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Unbelievable, potentionaly one of the winners, and you didn't make it because of 10 damn minutes, but...gjpetch is right, your work is priceless, and I believe it brings you more cool jobs and offers than these prizes. :-) good luck Fausto. anyway I hope they make an exception for you.

BESTrin
06-20-2004, 01:24 AM
:banghead: :cry: This is such sad news. You had such a beaughtifull image. You should atleast submit it to the ftp final. Maybe they will make an exception. This is an injustice if your entry is not included in the judging. But alas the contest is not everything. you have a great image and a great piece for your portfolio or for expose. submit this in a final image gallery and get on the front page. Sure the prizes were nice but the satisfaction of creating something like this is much greater. It is sad to see it end like this. I wish you the best. (btw awsome texturing on the gun with those scratches beaughtiful work).

StickMan9000
06-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Fausto, your work is truely inspiring.
Your final render will now be my wallpaper for many days to come.

-Stick

FaustoDeMartini
06-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Hey!!!!

I'm speechless with your support. I never thought that my work could be so appreciated. Now I realize that the prize is the minor reason to me to get into this contest. It's so awesome to hear all this support that I honestly forgot about the sad part of the story.
All I can say that I'm proud and happy.

I'm posting this smaller version so you can see better the overall image:
http://www.digital21.com.br/fausto/Final_small.jpg

Thanks so much for everything guys.

Best,

Fausto.

mikepolizos
06-20-2004, 03:11 AM
That's same you didn't make it!
You've done some much work in too little time!

You are a master anyway!

And as Ila said "I hope they make an exception for you."

EmpY
06-20-2004, 07:42 AM
WHAT???
Arghhh, carasas - or whatever the word is......I was so sure you would
have made it, and I'm so sorry now :sad:
Surely one of the ultra best works, probable winner...
:sad:

newone
06-20-2004, 10:43 AM
God damn! It is one of the best image in this contest! I'm sorry about it!

Steveyola
06-20-2004, 10:57 AM
It's too bad about the time.But in the end it's the work,and with work like this you will get your choice of paying jobs to get whatever PC's you want.Plus there is always Expose.Woulda been top 5 for sure,but it's a winner anyways.

ufotung
06-20-2004, 12:02 PM
The colour tone is very match , cool ~

StickMan9000
06-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Fausto, your an inspiration to us all.
The final posted render is now my current wallpaper and will be for many days to come.

-Stick

Deadlyforce
06-20-2004, 03:33 PM
This is an awesome work indeed !
But I must soften my congrats with a few crits ::wise:

This is too bad you have a so classical lighting going with such impressive modeling work ! And to my mind, his pose is really too static.

Anyway, the fact is that I may probably never achieve a piece of modeling
artwork like yours !:thumbsup: (texturing is perfect too)

Good luck !

Max4d
06-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Damn, you weren't 10 minutes too late. they just shortened the time ten minutes so you couldn't enter.. cause you entering wouldn't make it a competition anymore :D:D.....

Absolutely stunning work......... i remember an old thread of yours were you actually hoped to gain a job at blizzard... did you ever succeed in that??

Anyhow, it's masterfull

Max4d

jdsb
06-20-2004, 07:23 PM
missed by 10 minutes????????,i dont beleive this :sad: :sad:
this is the best model i have seen on the competition,u are an inspiration.
anyway,i wish u all the best in all ur future endeavours.:shrug: ,not that u need it with unbeleivable skills like u have.
thanks for sharing this wonderful work with us.
regards,
JD

FaustoDeMartini
06-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks so much for all the nice words guys!!! I have no words to describe how I'm proud to receive so much support!!
You guys are awesome!!

Thanks,

Fausto.

-------------------------------------

BartokDesign
06-21-2004, 04:20 PM
The textures are in the beggining and already awesome , I belive u are gonna finish it arent u?
Great stuff , very inspiring .
abraco

saraki
06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
regardless of the contest, this is a winner. Even if this thing got finished to the point where you'd want to submit it for a final, it's still worth polishing up further even after the contest the modelling is THAT good! Very inspiring Great job!

Sean :thumbsup:

syt3d
06-22-2004, 02:04 AM
hot damn that is beyond cool!!!:buttrock:
to bad you couldn't finish in time:sad:

SilvioToledo
06-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Caramba!

It's impressive!
Why didn't you send it to the contest without texturing to save time?

Ok, don't worry with the contest, your work is amazing and will win several other positions at the CG magazines, foruns...

You already won full respect from all the CG comunity. The CG industry is looking to your skills.

Nice z-brush details! Your detailled texturing adds a big upgrade level.

I just think a background is required and a better lightning set.

maybe some dust?

Hope to see a completed image highlighted on the CGtalk forum.

Congratullations for your effort!

Silvio Toledo

yeoj3d
06-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Fausto they should let you enter this into the contest anyways. Or at least enter your last image that you submitted before the deadline. There's a lot of good stuff in that contest, but whatever wins now, most people will consider it second place to your image. It's ashame that this won't be in the contest, it could definitley have won first place. You deserve that job you got at Blizzard.

Hey do you have a personal website showing other art you've made?

Cygnus-X
06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
WOW an impressive job you did here:thumbsup: Modeling to texture everthing is PERFECT :buttrock: The details are so well done. A great master piece you can be proud of :applause: Cya

Versiden
06-22-2004, 12:11 PM
dude!
it's unfortunate that you missed the deadline by 10minutes - that's insane.. the work you did in the small amount of time is impressive, great effort :buttrock:

iliam
06-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Fausto ...it's masterfull..
i don't have a words :D
sorry for my bad english

Vilpep
06-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Just drop here by to my favorite 5 entry.Hard to pick 5,but you are one of them,too bad about time,but still have you a great piece.:thumbsup:

JasonLin
07-03-2004, 06:29 AM
this piece is really awsome~~
amazing modeling skill and textures rock too~~~
i really really shocked by your works.......just too good~~
and do you really get a job at blizzard??
or where are you working at now~~~

3mm
07-03-2004, 12:46 PM
it's great, realy awsome:bounce:

are you going to blizzard?:eek:

Squibbit
07-03-2004, 12:59 PM
supercool !

dude ... just don't disappear , we want to see more of this !

modeling , textures , all great !

:bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

BruceSouza
07-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Hello fausto!!!!

As i wrote to antropus,your two are the best and deserve to be where you are.Congratulations for one more amazing work and make the things be better than they already are.Good luck with the news projects....

See u!!!

Karlapet
07-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Is too bad about time limit.But still in everyones heart we know this was a potential prize winner,one of my favorite 4.But still a winner piece of work in the end,and with work like this, this is as a great a prize as any.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.