PDA

View Full Version : Facial Rigging and animation

MayaA-W
04-26-2004, 10:54 PM
I am currently at school here in southern california and I have a demo reel that I need to get working on. Unfortunately I have to create a rig for a character that I am going to create. Every tutorial that I have ever seen on facial rigging for animation purposes have special plugins that are required. This to me is a couple grand more then I have without and if I need to purchase a plugin then I am just going to buy Maya and burn discreets name in effigy for the rest of my life.
If I cannot get my character's face rigged then the animation I am going to do will look pretty gimpy. The instructors here have no clue how to do it all they know is about the biped rigging (btw for all aspiring animators I recommend do NOT COME TO BROOKS COLLEGE).

Problem is I have 8 weeks for this demo reel to hit my instructors hands so I have to do it ASAP. If someone can assist or just let me know a method without any plugins and rigged with a biped. Thanks for any help that will come.

Breed47
05-24-2004, 07:40 AM
Please don´t burn Discreets name!!! It´s not that hard, really. Select your face mesh, copy as many times as you need expressions. Then sculpt every copy (happy, angry and so on). Reselect your original mesh and add a morph modifier to it. Scroll down and push the "select multiple object" (or target) button and add all targets in the list and hit ok. Scroll up and you´ll notice that theres a couple sliders marked with green. Use them and you will se your originad mesh deform. Hide the copies and continue with the animation.

Good luck with your reel
Daniel

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.