PDA

View Full Version : animation: dancing bear

Raul3d
04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
[EDITED]

Hello this is my first animation and I would like to know what do you think
raul:wavey:

this threat is focused to animation not to modeling or illumination

This link works divx 5.1.1 757 kb (1.7kb/sg - 7:24 min to download)

link (http://www.iespana.es/raul3d/oso/oso6.avi)

The link is very slow but I canīt found another free server that let me put this file (itīs a movie :D ). Well nobody give you nothing for free.

koroko
04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
The site is down man..

raul, ezo no furula tio, mira a ver :)

y segun dice el Streamload ese q muchas locations se lo hab bajado y q espere, pues vaya si la gente se lo baja y lo ve porque no tiene por llo menos la decencia de comentar...ein?

paso de poner eto en pitinglis :P

Man
04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
can't see it either....

[dude your avatar is really cool:thumbsup: ]

Raul3d
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
The link above works fine now :thumbsup:

Nicool
04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
I got it by right click "Save target as..." waiting any seconds donwloaded it through a 5.2ko/s bandwitch.

About the first dance motion (hip moving) : I would slow it down, and move the hip throug the vertical axis. And move the knees relative to the hip orientation.

But really good animation though... The fall is really right done. Are you going to had just a tiny background music/song?

:beer:

Raul3d
04-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Nicool: I want to thank you for your comments. I think you are right about the hips and Knees in the first movement. Relative to the music I was thinking about Fame or Flash Dance soundtrack.

koroko: Thanks for the notice. Five hundred people and only 3 replies, wow.
Gracias por el aviso tio, esta chungo esto de encontrar un servidor gratuito para poner animaciones. Y si la gente podia comentar aunque sea para decir que no les gusta y es una mierda, es mejor eso que la indiferencia.

Man: Thanks for your comments about the avatar, Futurama rocks!!

Raul :beer:

neonoodle
04-28-2004, 02:22 PM
The link worked for me. Some critique: First, if this is a work in progress, it's in the wrong section... should be in either critique or focused critique.

Anyway, the animation is pretty good. I think the hand gesture in the beginning where he has his arm outstretched and bends inward needs a better arc. It looks too stiff now. The tiptoe part could be a bit faster, I think. Right now, the speed of it is realistic but I think you could push it for a more snappier, cartoony look, depending on the style you're going for. The jump is what bothered me the most. It seems as if he's lifted up into the air instead of jumping. I think you could push the antitpation pose lower, and currently, he's sticking to the ground upon lifting off. Try taking out a frame or 2 from between the anticipation pose and him in the air. I think the spin could be a bit faster too, to make the fall more impactful.

Just a few suggestions to take as you will... I think it's a pretty strong animation as it is.

Raul3d
04-29-2004, 02:51 PM
neonoodle: Thank you very much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. This animation is the finish version but when you watch one thing a lot of times you donīt see some mistakes. Thaks again.

Raul :beer:

Nicool
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I agree with you Raul3d... I feel the same interest about crits. I send I picture to the 3d wip board... but no replies, if you want help me too :) that is here :(

http://cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140372

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.