PDA

View Full Version : eyelashes?

Netvudu
04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
sorry for the question but...did anybody ever manage to do decent eyelashes with Sasquatch? I tried both the weight maps and the hair guides way, with less than satisfying results.

whatīs your fav method for those tricky fibers :hmm:

Ziah
04-26-2004, 04:38 PM
i use polys

but for the sas way how above freezing that area where the lashes would be located....then select the points going around the eye and use point clone plus .....after that all you might have to do is go back and pull the strands to match the length then ur set

....its similar to the method on newtek site used for saslite in the hair creation...but i got the idea from a 3dmax tut i did a while back
hope that helps if not sorry

gerardo
04-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Maybe, to work with a high coarsenes and very little curling is the best thing, the problem is that isnīt easy to comb and to give it the appropriate direction besides that the lashes are wide in their base and narrow in the tip. I think that for this, the most flexible thing is the polygonal method, this plug is very good to facilitate that work:

http://www.polas.net/plugins/cloner.html

If not, you can also make it by hand (cīmon, they are not so many) :)

Best Regards

Gerardo

Netvudu
04-27-2004, 09:24 AM
yup. I finally went the poly way and I got pretty decent results. Thanks both for the input.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.