PDA

View Full Version : Geometry complexity in modern game engine

evil_twin
04-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi.

I'm looking for information regarding the complexity of geometry in modern game engines. That is I'd like to know for example how many triangles does a game level in modern FPS game have, how many textures (and how big) for a single game level etc.

If any of You guys knows anything about that or know where to find it I would very much appreciate your answers.

Greetz

Freakychakra
04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi Evil_Twin

Well it all depends on what engine you use, as well as the target platform, the complexity of all the features running besides the level itself.

The best thing to do, is to google around and read up upon the specific game engine you are interested in.
A great place to start however and one that will give you some good guidelines is:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome

evil_twin
04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Hi.

I'm just trying to design some game levels not having any specific engine in mind.
I've been searching for game level tutorials on google and various forums but with little luck.
But I'll definitely check that site out.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.