PDA

View Full Version : scene: Rivendell

paradoxum
04-25-2004, 06:42 PM
hi, I would like to show here some of the lord of the ring pictures I have made. Rivendell was one of the biggest scenes ever, and it was quite a challange for me to modell the buildings. I have learned a lot during this project.

http://www.paradoxum.at/php/Paradoxum/Cinema%204D/981_rivendell.jpg

www.paradoxum.at

marque-pierre
04-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Looks awesome! For a moment you had me believing it was the real thing from the movie! You really managed to capture the atmosfere in your render. Great work.:applause:

makaka
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
:beer: very nice work...is a fantastic image...congratulations boy :thumbsup:

Polakow
04-25-2004, 09:28 PM
wow! :applause:
Did u made some fix in post?
Congratulation

MainlineX
04-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Nothing to say except for EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Mortis
04-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey paradoxum
I just have to say that ure picture is almost perfect ... :thumbsup: I really love it... but I kinda miss the waterfalls ....
If u take a look on the picture below, u will see what I mean.
I dont wanna say that ure picture is bad without, but when I think about LotR and Rivendell I have all the time the pictures of the waterfalls in front of my eyes..
Anyway, great job :bowdown:

http://www.sebastianbethke.de/files/rivendell.jpg

alexyork
04-26-2004, 12:25 AM
very nice

i would loose or tone down the fog in the foreground and add some subtle glow to the highlights in the background for added depth. maybe even some DOF and a little warmer colour tones. im being picky though.

excellent work

luhna
04-26-2004, 07:46 AM
great work .... :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

:surprised luhna

andyspence
05-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Thats is pretty nice looking! Good work. Looking at the original movie snap that Mortis posted I'd say it the scene needs to be a little 'warmer' as its a bit pale and yes, its needs some water in the scene.

How much of it is 3D and how much after work?

-Quad.

boboroshi
05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Looks great!

Can we see a wireframe?

One thing to remember in the way you lit your scene: The Rivendell as seen in the trilogy is at the end of the age of the elves. The colors and lighting are a fall late afternoon. Very warm colors, but not very bright.

The only other piece that seems to need a little TLC is the rock shader (needs to be less smooth, especially in the center) and the circular arcade immediately above the bridge (and touching aforementioned rock formations). Just needs a little more detail kicked into it.

This is some great work tho. Remember, even WETA made a real model to shoot this ;)

paradoxum
05-21-2004, 07:21 PM
hi, you can find a wireframe on my homepage. www.paradoxum.at under W.i.p

I would say it is about 98% 3d, thats why my computer crashed that often :) , just somecolor modifications in photoshop, i do not like a lot of postwork.

cu
patrick

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.