PDA

View Full Version : volumic spot light

saajjj
07-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Hello,
I want to make a spotlight whose source is not a point. but a disc, with a spread angle of 0. So basically what i'll have is a disc which is throwing off light in a cylinderical manner... the light should fade over distance.. The main idea is to simulate concert type parallel light.
If i make the normal spot light spread angle 0. It obviously disappears because the source is a point. So if the source could be set as a disc. then i could reduce spread angle to zero and still get light.. parallel light :)
The light has to be volumic.

i hope i've been able to explain what i want.

cheers.

grendizer
07-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Aren't the soft light options what you are looking for?

Atyss
07-13-2002, 05:59 PM
The only solution I see is to place your spot source way "behind" the projector object, and to have a narrow cone. This spot wont light anything, it's just there to provide the volumic property. You will set the volumic light start distance to the projector object.

Then on the projector you will add the "lighting" light, wich will have a wider cone, but no volumic property.

Hope what I wrote is clear enough!

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.