PDA

View Full Version : Character-Zombie

direndra
04-25-2004, 03:37 PM
hi everyone,
this is my first post here or anywhere for that matter,
i started with a pencil sketch and then worked with a wacom tablet in photoshop 7,
c&c welcome,
regards...

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/diren/zombie/zombie.jpg

closeup......
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/diren/zombie/zombie_closeup.jpg

perfecti
04-25-2004, 07:59 PM
very very nice ..!! he's really creepy looking ..very good hair ..good lightning ...good anatomy ...cool overall ..!!:)

zuppes
04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
good work;
_zombie's nose must be more rotten i think

bijoythomas
04-26-2004, 05:11 AM
way 2 go man !
good to see u'r work here ...
keep it up :)

m0nicle
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
If his blood and everything is still that soupy then it means he still has some moisture in him yet. Id like to see the addition of some dark semi coagulated blood filld veins in the upper chest area anyways. I think it would add to the character to make him seem a little more fresh. Also mabe fill in some substance between those ribs a little bit might do the trick too. Just my opinions. Looking really good though.

direndra
04-29-2004, 05:39 AM
hi again

thax for comments monicle ;)
these thing i feel too so i plan to repaint it :D

sypherr
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Only crit i have is the size of his right hand, seems a little too big compared to his forearm. Other than that nice one :D

TheEdge
04-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Really nice texturing. I agree about the hand, but overall a really good pic!!!!

harshdesign
05-01-2004, 07:55 PM
what to say...i've been seeing this since few months when you have been developing this...and its come up very well.

Gr8 work there and You ROCK :buttrock:

jearley
05-02-2004, 02:19 AM
wow, really cool. yeah, i agree with sypher in that the hand is too big. i kind of looks out of place. the rest of the body seems like rotting delicate flesh while the hand looks like a block of concrete. it also, doesn't flow into the arm very well. i kind of get the feeling like it's going to break off. also, the line quality and detail veries from part to part. the face and ax have a lot of detail while the rest of the body, especially the cloth, look less refined. i love the ax. the blood on it looks really cool. the face is definately very good. overall, very cool. :thumbsup: :applause:

xcvbnm
05-02-2004, 12:23 PM
This is excellent !
You again inspire me to buy that wacom.... dreaminggg....:wise:

Some crits -
The hand is not gripping the axe properly, theres a lot of space in between.
The jawline seems to be wrongly placed and too sharp.
The left foot should go behind the body, he looks as if he'll fall backwards if left standing....balance prob.
The cloths needs some details.
The patch of 'something' in right bottom is not blending well with overall image.

But I think these are minor....

:)

funkbuttah
07-23-2004, 06:04 PM
what's up direndra,
I think people may have commented on this stuff already, but
Strengths:
Composition in general
Color
Feeling
Character design and especially the design of the weapon
Decent anatomy and good cloth look.

Things that could be improved:
I think the whole painting would have a darker feel if it's night time and under moon light, also if you choose to have the moon bright in back of him, he will be backlit and more of a silouette.
Proportions and relationships of anatomy need a little fine tuning, study George Bridgman anatomy books available everywhere (head is feeling slightly too big, right hand too big, the structure of the shoulder into the upper arm looks like some guesswork)
The character is off balance.

I'm very impressed by the temperature relationships you've achieved and the form rendering using color, that's very difficult for a lot of people.

theCloudmover
07-23-2004, 07:55 PM
This is just nasty.
You have a pale color pallette, a sickly colored zombie and just an overall opressive gross feel to the whole painting.

GREAT JOB!!!! :applause:

Now, let's see you draw some flowers :p

cyberfizz
07-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh my!

thats amazing, i love the detail on the face.

very good!

andy_maxman
08-17-2004, 12:51 PM
very nice feel and look to it......i like the detailing....so where u working diru dada....?
cheers!!!!

shuwan
08-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Ewww...scary...but wooooo...nice.

I think except for the top part of the chest looks at bit smooth...

Love the details especially the axe. I can't paint that yet... T_T

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.