PDA

View Full Version : First encounter with Brazil

HippieKiller
07-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Yesterday I started rendering with Brazil for the first time and I am absolutely AMAZED! I've never seen such breathtaking shadows before! Just look at the shadows! LOOK AT IT!!! I'm going insane!

Tottebias
07-13-2002, 10:59 AM
What about those shadows?

HippieKiller
07-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Trust me, they are f-a-a-a-a-a-a-r better then the ones I used to make without Brazil.

Tripdragon
07-13-2002, 11:50 AM
was it hdri ? It has a grain. ^v^

HippieKiller
07-13-2002, 12:03 PM
No, it's skylight and an omni.

Tripdragon
07-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Oh well least your happy
^v^

mushroomgod
07-13-2002, 01:49 PM
ahhh, gi shadows, make everything look cool!! :)

maybe you should try Vray, its not as good as brazil, but its super fast!

nice Bot by the way :thumbsup:

Array
07-13-2002, 07:00 PM
hahah, brazil allways cracks me up. The open beta version is horribly crippled, as it only uses path tracing, and not photon mapping. Why dont you give FinalRender or Vray a try? :) Those are the real renderers. Not only is photon mapping rediculously quicker than path tracing, but it also lets you do cool stuff like sub surface scattering and volume caustics.

mlykke
07-13-2002, 07:36 PM
While you are correct on the path tracing thing being slower than photon mapping, then there could be a few more reasons why he is using brazil.

1. The Brazil pub test is free, no timelock.
2. There is no free/demo version of Final Render.
3. Vray has a full featured demo, but what are he going to do when it runs out?

The public version of Brazil is a pub test, thats why it doesn't have all the features of the full version of Brazil. Which is in beta.

Maybe HippieKiller just don't have to money to buy Vray or Final Render. Using the Brazil pub test sounds good to me. :))

And you know what... you can buy Brazil right now if you want. As they state on the site. That will let you use the most current beta. Which does have photon mapping.

actarus6
07-25-2002, 05:33 PM
I think the same as you

BRAZIL IS THE BEST

oK is slow but the quality is great noone gives this quality FR or VRAY

I use Vray for architectural exterior

I tried FR but is too slow to set up for its bad bad bad interface

VRAY is the most quick gi raytrace at the moment and the quality is good... BUT BRAZIL IS THE BEST ABSOLUTELY

If you haven't tried try the glass material metal, HDRI.

YOU'll fall in love with it.

It's a beta pubblic

I'm waiting for the final release 1.0

COngratulations for your robot

Bye from Stefano

Array
07-25-2002, 08:01 PM
acturas- if you are getting better results in brazil than vray or finalrender, then you are doing something HORRIBLY wrong. you need to learn how to tweak your photon maps. if you have finalrender, then watch the training videos that come with the cd.

markdc
07-25-2002, 11:19 PM
I'd like to see them release a time limited demo with all the features so I can accurately judge the speed. The demo version is too slow for animation.

actarus6
07-26-2002, 12:28 AM
I used all the trhee mentioned 3d proggs FR VRAY AND BRAZIL

Obviously not for animation BRAZIL IS TOO SLOW FOR IT

But the best in quality is BRAZIL

I explain it so:

- quality of shadows with environment and standard light
(FR with HDRI IS BAD YOU MUST INCREASE PARAMETERS AND ADD AN OMI OFF and always artifacts)

- more simple settings

- more quality on material shader

- shadows more accurate you must see just in the corner of a room to see what VRAY and FR do (artifacts or light true or brighter corner)

- Brazil is a beta version FR IS COMMERCIAL WITH PATCH AND THE GUI IS VERY BAD and the quality (good very good) present artifacts also with high parameters

- HDRI GREAT IN BRAZIL settings too

Nothing else for now I need to sleep.

First BRAZIL R/S(at the same position I put MENTAL RAY IN XSI)
Second VRAY
THIRD FINAL RENDER

Goodnight by stefano

If someone think different explain maybe it will be a constructive argument

Array
07-26-2002, 03:44 AM
actarus- any artifacts u get with final render r due to ur own lack of understanding how the renderer works. just watch the training videos that came with the finalrender cd and you will understand.

also, are you using the brazil public beta or did you pay for it? as the public beta only uses a PATH TRACING algorithm which is VERY noisy. the full version uses PHOTON MAPPING just like finalrender does. if you are getting good results in brazil and not finalrender, then brazil must come with some very nice presets. again, just watch the videos and read your manual. you should be getting SIGNIFICANTLY less noise (if any at all) using finalrender over the brazil beta if you are using it properly.

Chris
07-26-2002, 04:04 AM
at first the final render interface seems overly complicated, but once you get your head around it, you start to appreciate how much control over optimisation & image quality it gives you...

ywmang
07-26-2002, 06:13 AM
though I've used fR for over one month, I still cannot understand 70% of its parameters.
I usually used 3 of them, diffuse depth, RH rays and samples density, seems work enough for my purpose (architecture)

I once look at the Brazil though, but the render menu is no less intimidating than fR. So I'd rather stick to one renderer.:)

ilasolomon
07-28-2002, 10:16 PM
HippieKiller , welcome to the board (brazil users) ! :)
but, i think the previous render in your avatar is far better than the brazilian one! :) :beer:

i myself prefer Final BrazilRay renderer! :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.