PDA

View Full Version : Moving Day

GavinG
04-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys,

Well, the time has come to seriously focusa on my reel, I'd like some feedback on the pieces...preferably more technical rather than personal preferences (so that i can learn or improve my work)

This piece is entitled "Moving Day", most of the modelling is done now...texturing is about to begin. Again, feedback is well appreciated.

http://www.innersaga.com/users/gavin/3dtemp/moving.jpg

Thanks,
Gavin

Cronium
04-25-2004, 04:04 PM
I think it need to have something that we can rest our eyes on and/or something that makes us want to look at it for more than 20sec. You need an enviroment outside the windows, you could use a one colored background if you ad a nice little glare to complement your volume light, which btw look great.

If your aiming for realism without anything worth looking at other than a plain room, your in the right direction, but otherwise, you may have to do something more with it.

Good luck!

GavinG
04-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Thank you, I plan on putting another apartment building outside...which will probably be one of today's tasks.

I need to put objects in those crates, i was thinking books.

Gav

GavinG
04-26-2004, 05:39 AM
http://www.innersaga.com/users/gavin/3dtemp/moving2.jpg

Made the building outside, will continue work on the textures.

Gav

ILS
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
i really think the cardboard boxes have a lot of potential in this scene. things like folds, beat up corners, maybe some symbols, permenant marker lable something like that i think will bring up the interest. also don't get caught up in the details, try to capture the overal feeling of what you try to achieve. do you have any sketches ? it makes it easier to critique. the room looks too clean you might need more work on the painted wood pannels. otherwise its coming along pertty well.

GavinG
04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks ILS, i'm currently working on the lighting and I agree 100% about the boxes. The floor is improved, I hope to have an update soon....

Gav

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.