PDA

View Full Version : Illustration:Innocence

shuwan
04-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Media: Pencil Sketch, Photoshop CS and Wacom
Something like that came into my mind when I thought of what we lose as we grow up...
Reviews appreciated.
http://riverealm.250free.com/innocence_01.jpg

the sketch for those interested to know.
http://riverealm.250free.com/innocence_rough.jpg

Lordrust
04-25-2004, 09:08 AM
:applause:

thats awsome i love the colours and the lighting

sypherr
04-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Very good looks like a cartoon still from disney a film :)

picksel
04-25-2004, 10:38 AM
It's so refresh style! That's remind rather "My neighbour Totoro"
Good work!

:applause:

perfecti
04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
..great ... i guess you must try to made some anime ..:D you have very nice style ..!! amazing :bounce:

BlueHarp411
04-25-2004, 04:49 PM
love the colors has a soft feel to it - love your website also

Jill

Plasticbag
04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Nice. looks very miziyaki cartoon style!
maybe the fence pole nearest to us , its top is a little blueish
great job otherwise.

perfecti
04-25-2004, 09:07 PM
2 Plasticbag : i guess you mean Hayao Miyazaki .... can't read when someone wrong in such a names .....he is great person ..... i agree that style is same to his ..

snowrvn
04-26-2004, 03:42 AM
lovely anime style
i was going to say it sort of reminds me of the ghibli studio artworks, especially in your shadings in the characters.

once again, great work!

Flatuloso
04-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Great! I love the motion of the characters, as well as the work on the dirt path.

I have a small problem with the lower left corner - the dirt and the grass are pretty much exactly the same value and the edge between them is blurred - if I look at the corner and then move my eye upward, it causes the path and the field below to all splurg together on the same plane. I'd try to give a more definite seperationg between the path they are walking on and the field in the background. Also, The boys shadow might need to be little farther to the right - going by the shadows of the fenceposts.

Beyond that, fantastic job.

XavierG
04-26-2004, 06:53 AM
my problem with this is the layour, what the point of the picture? the girl is pulling the guys arms? that is it? Its BEAUTIFULLY drawn, dont get me wrong, but i think you should have given us a clearer point of focus and some action and/or design more interesting to behold, like one of the kids almost falling,. or the girl really tackling the guy, ot both kids chasing the hat.. I dunno, SOMETHING more entertainingh to loof at thatn the basic everyuday situation you have given us
tremendous technical skill though :)

shuwan
04-26-2004, 03:27 PM
thanks for the feedback..:bowdown:

I am quite a fan of Miyazaki's work. Probably becos' of that, my colour scheme seems to resemble that though I don't have that intention. I had quite a few number of same comments in office once.

"Shuwan, you know, the colours looks like...."
"yah, yah. I know what you r going to say, it looks like something from Miyazaki's works, right? Someone before you just said that."

As for what the children are doing. I leave it to the viewers imagination, ele it spoils the fun. Well, they are absolutely not chasing the hat. That's for sure.

Still quite new on doing shadows. For me, it's a first time for trying this kind of color scheme. Lucky it didn't turn out too bad..phew

OrcOYoyo
04-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Very impressive mood in this picture.
I like the lighting very much also there is a lot of motion going on in this picture.
great picture there :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.