PDA

View Full Version : animating a flower

pradipta
04-24-2004, 09:17 PM
hi everybody,

i am currently stuck with a problem. i was experimenting an animation where i wanted a rose to bloom from a bud. i am not getting much realisim in the animation. is there any better way of doing this? what software will work best? 3ds max or maya?

thanks for your kind co operation

Undead Fred
04-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Do you mean, like grow from a small flower to a big flower, or have a full-grown rose open up and spread its petals out? I can think of ways that might work for either one... at least that would get you started.

pradipta
04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
yes, i mean to grow a flower from buds. i am not getting even closer to it. do you have any solution or any method that may bering the realism in th eanimation?

thanks in advance for your response.

steveblake
04-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I did one once where I used lots of blendshapes for each stage of the petals unfolding. Kind of treating each blendshape as a key.

Then used a fractal noise deformer on the final animation to get a random / organic feeling.

pradipta
04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
thanks steveblake, i'll try to use that. i dont think any better ways for that animation than using blend shapes. that still can go much further than other methods

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.