PDA

View Full Version : Character- Broadsword Traveller

yowchuan
04-24-2004, 03:26 PM
This is something I've done with PS. Actual size was 3000 x 3000 at 150 dpi.

Did it for fun though, was thinking about printing it out.

Please C&C.

http://www.meshio.com/yc/img/artworks/traveller.jpg

Cheers,
Yow Chuan

sypherr
04-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Nice pic but a few crits :)

Lightning - Looks abit basic, kind of spoils the depth of the rest of the image.

Lighting - Need some brighter lighting on parts of the character where the lightning bolt would reflect

Other than that nice work :)

XavierG
04-24-2004, 10:27 PM
hey, nice moody piece man, here are my crits (kinda rushed, so i apologize for that)
- hand waaaayy too small for his body, face and for what hes holding, should be bigger.
-that handle at the end of the sword, i see no real need for it from a design point of view
- the main problem, the folds, you have too many that you dont need... not even for the sake of detail because a tad of them are not accurate anyways (remember, less is more!)
but its a nice job, i can see all the effort put into it, which i appreciate :D

yowchuan
04-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Hehe...thanks guys...Points and suggestions taken.

Will put them into practice on my next piece.

I think my approach of going into detail in the beginning wasn't a very good choice. Since I was too stuck with the minor stuffs, I complete forgot about the big picture... :P Less is more! Couldn't agree more with that statement!

Those folds...yah...took most of the time~! :cry:

Thanks alot guys~!!!
Yow Chuan:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.