PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Lodge

slayerment
04-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Comments/Critiques would be awesome!

I did not make the movie on the tv screen. That is copyrights of Blizzard.

Maya 5.0 // Photoshop CS

Heres a short little fly-by: [ http://www.slayerment.com/video/lodge.mov ] [QT 723KB]

And here's a 1024 x 768:
http://www.slayerment.com/images/lodge.jpg

Thanks!

johnCruz
04-24-2004, 05:32 AM
Nice Models

your Camera Work

Your Lighting Technequis

go to Genomon.com or something like that and Do Some tutorials on three point Lighting and camera Movement!

Though if you put as mutch work into those things as I think you did the Fire/......... and your Modeling looks Alright ( still got a lot to Learn!)
"then you will one Day Achieve the Glow!"

when the Mind, Hand & Spirit.... become one with the Mouse, Mesh,,& Mapping
:buttrock: :buttrock:

psykojello
04-24-2004, 05:59 AM
i feel that the place doesnt look very alive.... i think that it looks too *clean*. there should be more dirt on the floor.

the bricks on the wall should be smaller... maybe stained in places...

maybe turn down the brightness of the colors a little bit.

im not sure cos im not good at interiors and lighting. maybe someone else could explain better.

but keep workign on it! you'll get there soon! :thumbsup:

Shaykai
04-24-2004, 07:05 AM
I agree with psykojellos critique, but i think the brick size is ok.

Shaykai

Goon
04-24-2004, 07:14 AM
where's your lightsource? It certainly isn't from the fire cause many of the shadows don't match the fireplace, e.g. the lamp's. Also the fireplace itself is not well illuminated. So take the omni light out from the middle of the room and light it based on where the light should be coming from.

also the shadows on the floor are very bright in comparison with the unlit sides of the furniture. Do you have ambience on for the floor? Places like under the couch and trunk, and inbetween the wall and trunk should be very dark.

otherwise its pretty good. Improvements certainly can be made, but a good job nonetheless.

metre
04-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Tray anather ilumination...goodluck

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.