PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Character: Handall...

Prodygy
04-24-2004, 01:19 AM
My fantasy character!

More info:

Modelled in Maya 5.01

Texture: Bump Map, Color Map, Specular Map, Traslucence Map
painted in Photoshop CS

Rendering: Maya Mental Ray

http://www.3dm-mc.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=16622

Prodygy
04-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Second image...

http://www.3dm-mc.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=16623

Prodygy
04-24-2004, 01:21 AM
And again...

http://www.3dm-mc.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=16625

thedaemon
04-24-2004, 05:28 AM
I hate when noone replys dont you?
Not bad at all. The skin looks strange to me, but I can't put my finger on it, maybe someone else with more shader knowledge can help you.:thumbsup:

Sinister
04-24-2004, 08:02 AM
nice! reminds me somewhat of Doby.

I think you should add some coloring to the skin, its all the same color just lighter and darker, look at face maps and you will find redtinted areas, yellow and so on. The lips needs to be tinted aswell.

also the lightning needs to be adjusted, turn on shadows and use a more intresting lightning. Parhaps use a little GI?

Prodygy
04-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Thx for your suggestion! However images are too small...and some details and different color to the skin aren't visible.
If you look at my enlargment skin details, you can see many layers of colors and skin imperfection ( i love these imperfection! )
However i will adjust color on the lips. For the light, i know...there's only simple directional light. for my future rendering i want use GI and HDRI. ;)

mahir
04-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Quite a nice effort. I like the texturing so far.
In addition to tinting the colour of the lips i'd suggest you darken the colour inside the mouth cavity. Right now it's the same colour as the outside skin.

hv2
04-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Very original :buttrock:
Try to render it whit HDR image based !
Change the enviroment , the modeling is great.

Sinister
04-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Prodygy
Thx for your suggestion! However images are too small...and some details and different color to the skin aren't visible.
If you look at my enlargment skin details, you can see many layers of colors and skin imperfection ( i love these imperfection! )
However i will adjust color on the lips. For the light, i know...there's only simple directional light. for my future rendering i want use GI and HDRI. ;)

lut us see these future renderings! :D

I'd say tint more then.
right now the color of the skin look very uniform.

murgiddy
04-25-2004, 03:24 AM
That's a really great model! I like what you've done so far, esp. the veins showing through and the tiny hairs. The eye texture is really good. I think that the rest of the skin just needs to be dirtier. Like some age spots, couple scars etc. Right now the skin looks a little flat.

ksedore
04-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Great character. I especially love the veins in the head. Looks great. Are you going to animate him? It would be great to see some lipsync or something to bring him to life. :thumbsup:

Kristin

ZB-Rob
04-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah, skin looks a bit too much like dried leather. But the model is good.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.