PDA

View Full Version : My last work & my website.. all new !

eross
04-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Hello to you all !

After browsing this very cool forum for a while, I decided to post some of my work... Here is my last image : my personnal Compound Bow... Comments are welcome, indeed !...

The image is here : http://www.erossdesign.com/assets/HoytBow.jpg

...and my website... for previous works and works to come !... : http://www.erossdesign.com

Cheers !

eRoss

limkinkwan
04-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Wao, nice image, very detail modeling, texture and lightning!
I Lov ur personal website as well, but y most of the modeling no texture 1? anyway is interesting also, i hope to c ur final BMW car modeling in future:thumbsup:

greentek
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Excellent works, clean and look very professional. And design of your site is very nice. I think you easily can change job and become designer.You have a good taste.:thumbsup:

PsychoSilence
04-24-2004, 10:24 AM
very realistic radiosity at teh bow ! like the clean texturing work !

PS: just dropped by at your home "F9". nice site too ! :applause:

Bredro1
04-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Very nice eross.....limkinkwan...there are textured versions there....just navigate around....:thumbsup:

Bredro1

eross
04-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi to You all !

Thanks for your comments, that's geart, really !.

Greentek : As a matter of fact I once thought about working in the design field. But I think, I have to keep it real. I mean, this forum proves it : there are billion of people around with so much more skills than me... It would take ages for me to get close to some works I saw here... This will stay a hobby... a serious one, though... But thank you very much for your comment, anyway...

eRoss

greentek
04-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi Eric. Of course, my friend, I didnít advice you to change occupation, the more that I donít know the present one :cool: I just want underline that you have delicate sense of lighting, color balance and composition, and really good taste. About skills: you are absolutely right, there are a lot of professionals of highest level, but few of them are real artists. Because you can acquire any skill of any level (itís a matter of time and zeal), but you canít change your core. I mean, to create real piece of art you must have inside yourself something important to tell, express and share it with others. And high technical skill just gives you possibility to express yourself as youíd like. But there are no skills to compensate spiritual emptiness. On the other hand, there are many examples that lack of skills doesnít prevent to create amazing artworks (one of them http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/gallery_image.php?image_id=606 ).
And thanks to the respectable members and moderators of this forum for recognition of this kind of works.
I hope youíll understand my opinion through my lame english. :cool:
Cheers :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.