PDA

View Full Version : Character: Aspen2

AndresCm3
04-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone this is a new one, I did the colors, the line art is done by robsaint, he gave it to me in an other forum.
Tell me what you think.

http://andrescoronel.50megs.com/images/aspen2.jpg

perfecti
04-24-2004, 12:21 AM
..i can't understand ..why bad works get lots of reply with tont of suggestions ...meanwhile good works ...like that .. stay without any attention ...that's kinda stupid ... i like your work very much .. i like that comics style ... colors very good ... nice work ..!! :thumbsup:

brkofdon
04-24-2004, 02:06 AM
not bad at all! i would give the colors more saturation..thats me tho.:wavey:

AndresCm3
04-24-2004, 04:02 AM
thank you guys for your coments, and I was thinking the same thing perfecti about bad stuff gets a lot of replies.

kraal
04-24-2004, 10:22 PM
honestly there is a lot to say about the line work ,,, as far as the color goes ... well it is just there nothing striking about it

sypherr
04-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Hmm i think the main reason that theres alot more comments for badwork is simple, its bad :P therefore theres alot to tell the artists to improve on.

On this piece i would suggest cutting down on all the lens flares think u got one for every piece of armour.

Also use some more darker shades to give it more depth where the light wouldnt reach at all.

Zycho
04-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Nice drawing and composition, but in whole the picture really doesn't get out to me... maybe the colors aren't vibrant enough? (I'm not really good at 2D, since I do 3D)...

Mr Boejangles
04-26-2004, 02:26 AM
looks nice ! I (key word " I ") would focus on more blue tones.... given my expert knowledge on the subject in question :p
but it is cool no less to see this type of art on the board.
by the way... I am long time lurker, but your art has gotten me to speak up !

Flatuloso
04-26-2004, 03:42 AM
You did a pretty good job of coloring this, but any sort of problem you will run into beyond this point is with the line work. The drawing really isn't all that interesting. There's no real discernable light source, the background is empty, and though the upper body is quite detailed, it looks kind of like the artist got a bit lazy on the boots and cape. Since there's really no lighting shown in the linework, it's very hard for you as a colorist to give the picture a whole lot of depth.

I love the work on the skin, it's quite good, and the coloring on the shadows work well the armor. You did a pretty good job on the armor as well, though I would agree that you were a little lens flare happy. pull back on that and try to give a little more tonal difference within the armor. If you were to keep working on it, I would give a little more attention to the cape, the inside of it on her left should be around the same value of the insde of the cape on her right. Right now, you've just a got a flat, rather light color under her right arm and between her legs. Also, do make the shadows on outside of the cape darker.

I think you did a really good job with what was there. However, I think your coloring skills are definitely capable of tackling lineart with more depth and complexity - I'd love to see it.

AndresCm3
04-26-2004, 05:20 AM
Thanks flatuloso those are the kind of comments I need, thanks for every word I mean it!!! and tanks to everyone that has replied to this post thanks for all your comments they realy help me out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.